GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mount bolts

FF_animal

Ready to race!
So last night I attempted to Install my motor mount and the oem 19mm bolts are on so tight I cant get them off even with a huge breaker bar. One bolt started to get slightly rounded so I quit before I did any serious damage. Any tips to get these damn bolts out? The smaller 17 mm bolts that mount to the body were easy as hell to get out with a ratchet made me wonder if those were even torqued to spec. Would some liquid wrench help at all for the 19mm bolts they are tight af.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I changed my mounts a couple of months back, and although the bolts were pretty tight (as you’d expect) they came out easy with a breaker bar, what socket are you using? The only reason they would round off is if you use the wrong size I would have thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!
If your worried use some PB blaster and let it sit for a little and then try. Never hurts.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I changed my mounts a couple of months back, and although the bolts were pretty tight (as you’d expect) they came out easy with a breaker bar, what socket are you using? The only reason they would round off is if you use the wrong size I would have thought!

I'm using a 19mm socket for the bolts which is their size. Idk why they wont come out [emoji35]

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I'm using a 19mm socket for the bolts which is their size. Idk why they wont come out [emoji35]

I can’t find my old bolts (just had a quick look) but aren’t they 18mm??

FF_animal

Ready to race!
If your worried use some PB blaster and let it sit for a little and then try. Never hurts.
I'm going to pick some up after work. I just wonder if it will do anything I cant see the PB blaster soaking into the threads since these things are so tight.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I can’t find my old bolts (just had a quick look) but aren’t they 18mm??

The write up I read said 19mm. And the 19 fits and locks on when applying pressure. The breaker bar is bending like crazy when i apply pressure. I guess i will try an 18 later tonight.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I'm going to pick some up after work. I just wonder if it will do anything I cant see the PB blaster soaking into the threads since these things are so tight.

I'd try it.. .the rear rotors were siezed onto the hub and both rubber mallet then sledge hammer did nothing. Son told me to spray PB. I couldn't find a spot I thought would get it between the rotor and hub. I ended up spraying into th elug holes and 15mins later...some tapping with the rubber mallet and bingo.. .i was shocked af..

Try it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just found my old bolts and they are 18mm!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
[emoji26] well if that is the right socket I hope I didnt shoot myself in the foot by rou ding the edge off a little [emoji20]

My new bolts were bought at the dealership and are the same size.