GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motorcycle Thread

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Mines has been ivanised as well as it happens, totally changes the power delivery. And yes, the Yamaha R6 shock mod is still the most common way to sort the saggy rear out.

GTR1400? Yowzer, that won't be shy or power!

I'm not sure if anyone had figured out the R6 shock switch when I had mine. I ended up getting an Ohlins shock and spring that was valved for me. It was stupid expensive, way more than I would ever admit!

I had Dale's kit in mine. I wonder if that ol' fight is still going on.

The GTR is as fast or slow as you make it. It's a crazy-comfortable touring bike when I'm feeling lazy, and when I'm not it'll scare the crap out of me. Needless to say, I haven't done much in the way of performance mods to it. It's got plenty of go just as it is.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Deciding to ditch my plans of a supermoto for more power! Picking up a Yamaha FZ-07 in the spring. Seemed like a good intermediate bike for me. Picture below:

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Deciding to ditch my plans of a supermoto for more power! Picking up a Yamaha FZ-07 in the spring. Seemed like a good intermediate bike for me. Picture below:

those are hot.
i'll get one used in a few years hopefully....but i still want a 4 banger.

adolan21

Ready to race!
those are hot.
i'll get one used in a few years hopefully....but i still want a 4 banger.

I wanted to get a GSX-R 600 but after looking at the insurance rates and how short the riding season is here, I figured it wasn't worth it. And the fact that I'm still a newish rider I didn't want to jump straight to it.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
I wanted to get a GSX-R 600 but after looking at the insurance rates and how short the riding season is here, I figured it wasn't worth it. And the fact that I'm still a newish rider I didn't want to jump straight to it.

word, new rider myself. i got the nc700 for my first one...a 600 sport bike is too much power for a new rider and I know it.
but i still love the sound :thumbsup:

adolan21

Ready to race!
word, new rider myself. i got the nc700 for my first one...a 600 sport bike is too much power for a new rider and I know it.
but i still love the sound :thumbsup:

Nice! Yeah inline 4s sound great. I'm a big fan of the sound of the FZ-09's inline triple though :drool:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I'd take a middle weight triple over a four. I wouldn't get a four unless it was a liter bike.

A 100whp+ 600cc four isn't fast enough?

Does anyone else change your own tires? I just dumped a shitty pirelli and mounted a surprisingly nice m-40!

I also picked up some new Goretex Rev' It gear for an upcoming Alaska trip.

And a new visor for one of my helmets..

:)

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
A 100whp+ 600cc four isn't fast enough?

Does anyone else change your own tires? I just dumped a shitty pirelli and mounted a surprisingly nice m-40!

I also picked up some new Goretex Rev' It gear for an upcoming Alaska trip.

And a new visor for one of my helmets..

Mount my own tires using the No-Mar. I was hesitant to do it after using spoons and crates for so many years. The No-Mar is awesome and super easy!

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Mount my own tires using the No-Mar. I was hesitant to do it after using spoons and crates for so many years. The No-Mar is awesome and super easy!

The no mar setup is nice... I just use a modified HF setup with a mount I fabbed to use on my truck so its portable of needed.

I have the no scruff tire tool and some good paste and have no troubles.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
The no mar setup is nice... I just use a modified HF setup with a mount I fabbed to use on my truck so its portable of needed.

I have the no scruff tire tool and some good paste and have no troubles.

You must have some skills! I had the HF dealio, and ended up giving it to a friend. I had to dig the tire spoons out of garage walls for him! :mad0259:

AubreyR6

Passed Driver's Ed
I rode an FZ-09 and they are fun, I can imagine that the FZ-7 will be similar. I've heard nothing but great feedback from customers on them too.