GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 2012 golf tdi exhaust

NOTACUMMINS

Figured some people might like this! A couple videos of my car after the stage 2 tune and rawtek exhaust with a homemade catback. About 4-5 mpg better and +30 Hp. About 1600 worth of parts.
Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/h7xbi7B6c_Y

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/yDDZvneNAmc

One is of first start up and one if of in the cab.

And a pic of what was removed ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351016168.359770.jpg

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You're in cali eh?

How much did this setup run you?
What tune did you use to take care of the CEL lights.

Any issues? You DSG or manual?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
The Rawtek exhaust really makes me want to get a TDI Golf.

However, I don't know how I'd feel rolling coal anytime I accelerated.

Is there an aftermarket DPF for the TDI that we can manually empty? I think that is the biggest design flaw about the VW DPF it just collects and burns off enough to keep going until it finally clogs.

NOTACUMMINS

Tune was 550 plus 50 for overnight shipping fees exhaust was 1000 shipped but I got the straight pipe which was cheaper and I made a catback and did all the work myself it takes about 4-5 hours and rsp999 did you run a gti catback?? Cars looks good!

engineered2win

Ready to race!
Is there an aftermarket DPF for the TDI that we can manually empty? I think that is the biggest design flaw about the VW DPF it just collects and burns off enough to keep going until it finally clogs.

You don't understand how a DPF works.
1)It's not like a canister vaccum that you can just pull off and dump out. If you have ever looked into any catalyst its a honeycomb.
2) The DPF is bolted to the turbine outlet, which is in a very inconvenient spot to unbolt regularly.
There is a new technology called a POC (Particulate Oxidation Catalyst) which is more efficient at capturing particulate, but will allow exhaust flow to bypass the filter element in the even that it becomes full or face plugged.

Last edited:

Naoki

Ready to race!
Sounds awesome guys! Can't wait to get my Rawtek gear

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
That had to have shaved a few pounds as well eh? how much weight savings does it give you?

RPS99SHO - I need to meet up with you and see what a Stage II is like... Of course, probably best for my wallet if I don't do that quite yet... :lol:

new 2

Passed Driver's Ed
stupid question, your first video is titled "dpf delete", what does dpf stand for? not the first time i've seen it so i'm wondering. lol

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Yes cali! Ha and it doesn't really roll coal although I wish it did! Lol and stage 2 malone tune!

But it soots more than stock, right?

Would biodiesel soot as much as low sulfur? I have a few B10-20 dealers in my part of VA.

Thanks.

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
rsp999 did you run a gti catback?? Cars looks good!
Not a cat-back. It's a custom axle-back with no muffler and GTI tips, GTI valence.

RPS99SHO - I need to meet up with you and see what a Stage II is like... Of course, probably best for my wallet if I don't do that quite yet... :lol:

You're a hike from me but I'm down.