GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk6 on The Smoking Tire

Greefus

Gran Turismo Champion
Didn't know some people thought the 6MT was lacking compared to other manuals.

Nice vid and car. Car Show was awesome.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Lately i felt like i am bored with my mk7 dsg lately and kicking myself i shouldve gotten manual on different car like a wrx. But after watching this video, it made me appreciate the 7 more, also the fact that coming from mk6 w/ better tires, tune, lowering springs pretty much a MUST from factory and such minimal modding just transforms the car; i personally think "aftermarket" clutch shouldve come from factory as well after i had my fx250 installed, it almost reminded me of driving my uncles evo.

Now i have to throw dsg tune, tune, vwr springs (then h&r coilovers down the road), michelin pilot as3 which i had on mk6, upgraded dv, dogbone/motor mount etc n makes it livable as it shouldve been from factory. Gonna do a vagcom tweakfor traction control then done.

dude youll cream over a modded mk7. once you do the tune youll stop looking at other cars

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Tuned 7's are great and all, but there's no top end. Feels about as fast at 5-6k rpm as a tuned mk6.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Tuned 7's are great and all, but there's no top end. Feels about as fast at 5-6k rpm as a tuned mk6.

dyno graphs don't seem to agree with you, what makes you say that?

APR's annoyingly inconsistent scaling aside, mk6 has a broader mid-range peak but both fall off a lot in the top end and the mk7 is still making WAY more power everywhere.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
dude youll cream over a modded mk7. once you do the tune youll stop looking at other cars

Coming from a tuned mk6, i agree lol, but i need to lay low on some money for a few months. Then tune time! Another gripe the stock tires suck balls for grip, i can spin wheels in 2nd in rain, hoping i can find a slightly used michelin pilot as3 by the time i pull the plunge.

Eurodyne serves stage 1 for mk7 which is ill be going to do and the best part you can do it at home(if you have windows 8), its far more better than apr, it wont fall on its face like apr does at 5k. Look into mk7 forums for apr vs eurodyne thread, he went from apr to eurodyne, no regrets.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
dyno graphs don't seem to agree with you, what makes you say that?

APR's annoyingly inconsistent scaling aside, mk6 has a broader mid-range peak but both fall off a lot in the top end and the mk7 is still making WAY more power everywhere.
Because I test drove an APR tuned mk7 and drove home in my mk6 [emoji23]

It's a butt dyno comparison. My mk6 has a pretty broad powerband that doesn't taper off nearly as much. All that declining torque isn't good for the butt feels. My car at the wheels:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Coming from a tuned mk6, i agree lol, but i need to lay low on some money for a few months. Then tune time! Another gripe the stock tires suck balls for grip, i can spin wheels in 2nd in rain, hoping i can find a slightly used michelin pilot as3 by the time i pull the plunge.

Eurodyne serves stage 1 for mk7 which is ill be going to do and the best part you can do it at home(if you have windows 8), its far more better than apr, it wont fall on its face like apr does at 5k. Look into mk7 forums for apr vs eurodyne thread, he went from apr to eurodyne, no regrets.

Pilot A/S3s are amazing. Got them on my Mk6 and now it is much gripper than the Mk7's stock tires. Almost want to swap the wheels to see. Detroits a may look better on the Mk7 too.

After people pestered APR (can say I was one), they are releasing a lower torque tune this week. A Euro company called ABT's tune box (or ECU?) has a flat power band and makes 300Hp/310Tq. So that means it IS possible to make these new E888s produce something that isn't overly torquey yet still has power without installing a bigger turbo.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Because I test drove an APR tuned mk7 and drove home in my mk6 [emoji23]

It's a butt dyno comparison. My mk6 has a pretty broad powerband that doesn't taper off nearly as much. All that declining torque isn't good for the butt feels. My car at the wheels:

The intake really opens up the top end on a mk6 (and most cars really), does it do the same for mk7?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
APR probably did that so the people who want stage 2'can have 316hp/380tq throughout the band. They're coming out with one that is lower torque than the current "high output"'tune they have which flattens out the power band. Hoping something like 300/320. With a PP? 380 tq all day but the MK6 has decent torque just needs a tad more...the 60 extra HP would help a lot.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Pilot A/S3s are amazing. Got them on my Mk6 and now it is much gripper than the Mk7's stock tires. Almost want to swap the wheels to see. Detroits a may look better on the Mk7 too.

After people pestered APR (can say I was one), they are releasing a lower torque tune this week. A Euro company called ABT's tune box (or ECU?) has a flat power band and makes 300Hp/310Tq. So that means it IS possible to make these new E888s produce something that isn't overly torquey yet still has power without installing a bigger turbo.

I had em on my mk6 as well actually, loved em, gripped well with stage 1. Im also considering general g max as3 which apperently its a budget mic pilot as3.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The intake really opens up the top end on a mk6 (and most cars really), does it do the same for mk7?
Dunno. But I love how the intake opened up the top end. Not that it feels like a peaky motor, but it doesn't feel like it runs out of breath. Can't wait to get this DP on and open it up top some more.
APR probably did that so the people who want stage 2'can have 316hp/380tq throughout the band. They're coming out with one that is lower torque than the current "high output"'tune they have which flattens out the power band. Hoping something like 300/320. With a PP? 380 tq all day but the MK6 has decent torque just needs a tad more...the 60 extra HP would help a lot.
This would be great to daily. That torque in the mid range is insane, but it felt a bit like a tuned deisel with a raised rev limiter. I'm sure your average Joe would be a lot happier with a peakier motor.