GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my situation.

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
ok so i leased a brand new 2011 gti 6 speed about a week ago( :happyanim: )

im relativly new to the car scene and aftermarket part upgrades so bare with me:eek:

so i ordered my apr intake already, waiting on that to come in, next thing i really want to change is the exhaust, here is my dilemma, since its a lease im not dropping 1.4k+ on a turboback exhaust..so i have been looking at catback systems or a downpipe, from what i have heard catbacks dont add much power, but add a very nice sound and downpipes add sound and a good amount of power. my dilemma is that i heard downpipes are a pain in the ass to install and since its a leased car i want to be able to replace my aftermarket parts to oem parts quickly and relatively easily.

help me out please =]

the specific catback i was looking at was a magnaflow(http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=15521)

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
there's a huge thread on the magnaflows. use the coupon if you order from them.

basically you're paying to put something in for 3 years and then taking it out. and if something goes wrong its out of your pocket. not so bad if you're keeping the car, but not cool when you get a warranty hassle for a car you're borrowing. don't go crazy. if you want an exhaust just a bolt on cat back like the mf's would be pretty easy to put in and take out. other than that, i'd just get an apr tune if it's on sale. even stock, the gti is a sweet ride.

my philosophy on leases is that you're paying a premium so you don't have to give a shit about it. so just drive it like you stole it and keep it simple.

A

Alex/AWE

ok so i leased a brand new 2011 gti 6 speed about a week ago( :happyanim: )

im relativly new to the car scene and aftermarket part upgrades so bare with me:eek:

so i ordered my apr intake already, waiting on that to come in, next thing i really want to change is the exhaust, here is my dilemma, since its a lease im not dropping 1.4k+ on a turboback exhaust..so i have been looking at catback systems or a downpipe, from what i have heard catbacks dont add much power, but add a very nice sound and downpipes add sound and a good amount of power. my dilemma is that i heard downpipes are a pain in the ass to install and since its a leased car i want to be able to replace my aftermarket parts to oem parts quickly and relatively easily.

help me out please =]

the specific catback i was looking at was a magnaflow(http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=15521)

While a catback alone won't make as much power as a full turboback or downpipe, the improved sound and tone a quality catback can provide is a worthwhile upgrade.

Have you considered our Exhaust?

It's made of mandrel bent T-304 Stainless Steel, installs very easily and will connect to the factory downpipe perfectly.

We also give you the option of Round or Oval tips available in Polished Silver or a Diamond Black finish.

I see your in New York. We're in Willow Grove, PA (about 20 minutes north of Philadelphia). Are you able to come by our facility? We can give you an in-person demonstration of our Mk6 GTI Exhaust and discuss any other modifications you were planning on doing.