GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My ugly Fahrenheit is gone!

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried for years to live with that horrid, ugly, orange Fahrenheit. I put up with the constant "Awwwesome car braah," or the classic, "Orange looks so siiiick!" comments from local fast food workers (no offense to those who work fast food).

Today, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 CW 4dr DSG w/ Navi + Sunroof. I can finally fly under the radar.

It's on its way from Arizona, but I'm hoping to have it by Saturday. I was told Tuesday at the latest. Thus, I apologize for no pictures in advance.

:happyanim:

I have enjoyed looking at your rides thus far. I don't see any mods in my future (maybe some new wheels down the road), as this will ultimately be baby mobile at some point. :eek:

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
...I don't see any mods in my future (maybe some new wheels down the road), as this will ultimately be baby mobile at some point. :eek:

I think you came to the wrong place... good luck with that! It's a daily battle for me to stay somewhat stock.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
I tried for years to live with that horrid, ugly, orange Fahrenheit. I put up with the constant "Awwwesome car braah," or the classic, "Orange looks so siiiick!" comments from local fast food workers (no offense to those who work fast food).

Today, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 CW 4dr DSG w/ Navi + Sunroof. I can finally fly under the radar.

It's on its way from Arizona, but I'm hoping to have it by Saturday. I was told Tuesday at the latest. Thus, I apologize for no pictures in advance.

:happyanim:

I have enjoyed looking at your rides thus far. I don't see any mods in my future (maybe some new wheels down the road), as this will ultimately be baby mobile at some point. :eek:

Welcome! quick question was the fahrenheit given to you for free by any chance?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
LMFAO you'll get mods don't worry people on here will brain wash you. If it wasn't for the constant nagging from family members about my stupidity for modding I would have many more mods.

spiker369

on air, don't care
I had an opportunity to get a Fahrenheit at one point but didn't have the cash so I had to let it pass. I was so upset, I truly think the color looks amazing, but then again, orange is one of my favorite colors.. Anyways, I definitely think the mk6 will be better over time; but then again that's just coming from some skate rat who lurks the fuck out of the mk5 and mk6 forums. :B

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you came to the wrong place... good luck with that! It's a daily battle for me to stay somewhat stock.

I hear ya. I guess I'll consider myself lucky... for now!

Honestly, I'd say the modding scene is something I grew out of a while back(not putting it down, my interests just shifted, and I was never into it as much as most of you). That was about 8-12 years ago (I'm 30 now).

As I grew older, I realized that throwing money into a car that depreciates by the hour didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and at the end of the day, it just wasn't something I was passionate about.

I got "black rifle disease" at around this time and fire arms have become my new drug. Not only do they hold their value, the gun community is second to none.

I spend most nights in the garage reloading or cleaning various rifles. I make the odd purchase every six months and have quickly filled two safes! :eek:

That said, while I will probably remain mostly stock, I enjoy the plethora of information on this forum.

Hope to learn some more in the coming months!

Sincerely,

The mostly stock guy who just wants to fit in :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mark my words... if you stay on this forum for more than approximately 45 days (calendar, not business), you will not stay stock.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Nope. Why? Did I miss a raffle where they given out for free or something? :confused:

I think he asked because of the price tag on them and you're complaining about the color that you could obviously see from the start~ Just a guess on what he was thinking though~

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I had an opportunity to get a Fahrenheit at one point but didn't have the cash so I had to let it pass. I was so upset, I truly think the color looks amazing, but then again, orange is one of my favorite colors.. Anyways, I definitely think the mk6 will be better over time; but then again that's just coming from some skate rat who lurks the fuck out of the mk5 and mk6 forums. :B

Well, one good thing about the Farenheit was that it was rock solid. No squeeks, rattles, or any major problems.

I was a little sad to see it go, as I had taken such good care of it, but I'm happy to move into a something a little more economical for the future. (i.e. 4dr for baby)

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I think he asked because of the price tag on them and you're complaining about the color that you could obviously see from the start~ Just a guess on what he was thinking though~

Awww... I see :p

Funny story.

I actually totalled my DD a few days before I purchased the Fahrenheit (an Asian woman t-boned me). I walked into the Dealership looking for a White GTI. They had no White GTI's in stock, so in my desperation / young age, I think I was 23 at the time, I was offered the Fahrenheit at the same price as the White GTI. I ended up buying it on an impulse. I regretted it about a month later.

So, almost 6 years later, I finally got the color I wanted.

Feels good man, feels good.:drinking:

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Awww... I see :p

Funny story.

I actually totalled my DD a few days before I purchased the Fahrenheit (an Asian woman t-boned me). I walked into the Dealership looking for a White GTI. They had no White GTI's in stock, so in my desperation / young age, I think I was 23 at the time, I was offered the Fahrenheit at the same price as the White GTI. I ended up buying it on an impulse. I regretted it about a month later.

So, almost 6 years later, I finally got the color I wanted.

Feels good man, feels good.:drinking:

Ok, now I got the background on that. Impulse buy and buyer's remorse. You made a good color choice. I am not big at modding either but I do have a few minor ones.

2PointSLO

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the Forum & Congrats!!! Another CSG owner, good color choice!!! Like what others have posted, it'll be hard to keep it stock if you frequent these forums... :D

KDearduff

Ready to race!
I used to have a Fahrenheit. Great car. I received so many compliments from folks, with no exterior mods. After a hard rain, when the sun would start to come out, that paint would just glow.