GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed TDI Discharge Pipe Installed

purpleallsectors

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the Neuspeed TDI Discharge Pipe installed today at AU Tuning in Huntington Beach. I have to say I was really skeptical about getting this mod. Was it worth it or not?

When you compare the OEM to the Neuspeed Discharge Pipe you can see the difference. The OEM is very restrictive. I forgot to take a comparison pic, but the Neuspeed is huge compared to OEM.

The Discharge Pipe does make a difference. The throttle response is slightly better. I feel a slight increase of power throughout the powerband. The RPM's climb a lot easier. You can tell the car can breaths easier. If feels like you running 100 octane gas. I used to have a bmw 335i and when I tracked I ran hi-octane gas. Where I feel the most improvement is when I'm accelerating from 70mph to 90mph. Top end (HP) is what I noticed the most with the Discharge Pipe. I have always felt that TDI's lacked top end. So for me, the Neuspeed Discharge Pipe was worth getting.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I had the Neuspeed TDI Discharge Pipe installed today at AU Tuning in Huntington Beach. I have to say I was really skeptical about getting this mod. Was it worth it or not?

When you compare the OEM to the Neuspeed Discharge Pipe you can see the difference. The OEM is very restrictive. I forgot to take a comparison pic, but the Neuspeed is huge compared to OEM.

The Discharge Pipe does make a difference. The throttle response is slightly better. I feel a slight increase of power throughout the powerband. The RPM's climb a lot easier. You can tell the car can breaths easier. If feels like you running 100 octane gas. I used to have a bmw 335i and when I tracked I ran hi-octane gas. Where I feel the most improvement is when I'm accelerating from 70mph to 90mph. Top end (HP) is what I noticed the most with the Discharge Pipe. I have always felt that TDI's lacked top end. So for me, the Neuspeed Discharge Pipe was worth getting.

one guy posted his dyno reults on the Neuspeed pipe GB thread; 1 run with OEM top then 1 run with Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe and recorded a 10 HP gain from the Neuspeed TDP run

Naoki

Ready to race!
Sweet I can't wait to get mine installed with the Pulley Kit. Should feel a noticeable difference.

I would like to know what the difference of the cold air intake an the underdrive pulley along with this would do I just would like it to respond more like a gas motor throttle response Any suggestions

purpleallsectors

Passed Driver's Ed
any change in the noise?

At 1/2 to 3/4 throttle you hear a slight vaccum sound and when you shift gears you hear a faint blow off sound like a typical blow off valve. It's pretty cool. You can barely hear it. I don't think you can hear it from the outside though. WOT you can't hear it at all.

purpleallsectors

Passed Driver's Ed
one guy posted his dyno reults on the Neuspeed pipe GB thread; 1 run with OEM top then 1 run with Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe and recorded a 10 HP gain from the Neuspeed TDP run

Yeah I saw that.

Gertrude12tdi

Sweet I can't wait to get mine installed with the Pulley Kit. Should feel a noticeable difference.

I read on the tdi forum that the pulley kit could ruin you alternator and serpentine belt. They said The stock pulley has a one way clutch in it to absorb the torque and power surges of the tdi motor. Does the neuspeed pulley kit have a clutch in it like the stock pulley?

allset

Go Kart Champion
I read on the tdi forum that the pulley kit could ruin you alternator and serpentine belt. They said The stock pulley has a one way clutch in it to absorb the torque and power surges of the tdi motor. Does the neuspeed pulley kit have a clutch in it like the stock pulley?

clutch is on the alternator; nothing to do with the crank pully. 99% of problems with the pulley were bad DIY installs as u need a special tool for this and know what ur doing.

SFGiants

Ready to race!
Has anybody found a dyno of the Neuspeed Power Pulley Kit?

Neuspeed claims a 5-7 hp increase, but has no dyno to back it on their site.

azthegame

Ready to race!
Last time I looked they had the dyno graph on the product page.

Edit: yup.. right under where it says add to cart

azthegame

Ready to race!
My bad, I miss read your request. Yeah it doesn't show it. But I have that pulley in my car. It revs quicker but you don't really notice that big of a difference. Use the 180 elsewhere imo

jade eyed wolf

Ready to race!
Yeah I was about to say, how does this pulley reduce parasitic drag? Neuspeed's description isn't very technical about describing what their kit actually DOES. Is it just that the aluminium construction reduces rotational mass and that's it? Or is it designed to have a lower friction coefficient than the OEM pulley?

azthegame

Ready to race!
It is smaller and waaaaay lighter than the oem one. So I guess that equals less effort for the crankshaft to turn it? Power goes to wheels more instead of using so much to power alternator and AC.