GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car Cleaning

Pjai

Ready to race!
Nice, I have jst ordered some autoglym stuff :p quite expensive in NZ tho, i wonder if any1 know of any detailer supply sites tat does international shipping.

Also, how do you guys deal with stone chips? i have noticed one on my bonnet already.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Nice, I have jst ordered some autoglym stuff :p quite expensive in NZ tho, i wonder if any1 know of any detailer supply sites tat does international shipping.

Also, how do you guys deal with stone chips? i have noticed one on my bonnet already.

about the stone chip- ouch sorry bro!

PeteA

Well yesterday I picked up my new car. Next to the other cars it makes their paint work look extremely bad.

Cant clean it for a week because they used SupaGuard on the whole car (not that it needs cleaning), and I have to use their own products (provided) to clean the car otherwise it invalidates the warranty that comes with SupaGuard.

Just a word of warning, if you do get SupaGuard, ScotchGuard or equivalent make sure you get the dealers to do it about 3 days before you pick it up. I was pretty much high when I got home after picking it up. They did some protection on the interior as well as the paint and alloys and it stinks.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
d'oh! they talked you into that stuff. Could have used better stuff yourself for 1/10th the cost and a couple hours of work :(

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
@PeteA I got suckered into something similar. :/ I used 3m scotchguard on my I terior already and will do a klasse all-in-one polish and sealant within a week. I hVe no faith in their product anymore.

PeteA

@Jmblur, I didn't get talked into it my Dad did :p, glad I'm not paying for that particular extra :), just have to pay off the rest of the car.

I'm pretty much going to ignore their cleaning products considering some of them are rubbing compounds. They come with warnings like "Repeated use may damage paint work"

I'm extremely glad that I got the Pearl Black, parked near a 2009 Golf with the standard, the car was clean but looked like someone has gone over with it with sand paper or had a dirty sponge.