GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New dealership - how should I ask about modding?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
I'm going in for my 'courtesy 90 day check' to my local VW dealership tomorrow. The one I bought my car from was cool with plans for future APR Stage 1, but they are too far away.

How should I approach this new dealership with the question on how accepting they are with drivetrain mods?

RallyPunx

Passed Driver's Ed
If the dealer does not offer modifications, I would not even bring it up. I would just drive to the original dealer who was cool with mods, but if they don't install them, I would be wary of it as well. If that dealer does not install mods, they will be cool with everything because they will know you car is modified and will deny any drivetrain related warranty claims in the future. Just my .2

michal

Go Kart Champion
I'm going in for my 'courtesy 90 day check' to my local VW dealership tomorrow. The one I bought my car from was cool with plans for future APR Stage 1, but they are too far away.

How should I approach this new dealership with the question on how accepting they are with drivetrain mods?
Your car is right now stock, right? So just ask them straight if they service modified cars under the warranty. If something happens to your car and it's not related to your mods they should service it with no problem.