GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Eonon Android GA5153 VW Car DVD Player Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi Golf_Tsi, we keep on improving the function of our head units. And the bluetooth and radio of current GA6153W is much improved. We also do our best to help our customers.
And you bought GA5153 on Jan,2015 which had two years warranty. We will still help you according to the warranty policy. Thanks a lot!

Golf_Tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Golf_Tsi, we keep on improving the function of our head units. And the bluetooth and radio of current GA6153W is much improved. We also do our best to help our customers.
And you bought GA5153 on Jan,2015 which had two years warranty. We will still help you according to the warranty policy. Thanks a lot!

What possible help can you provide me? from you sitting there in China, this a hardware issue and cannot be fixed by downloading a new software, i have already tried the new Fakra cable but its not any better...so the only option is Are you able to offer a exchange with the new unit which allegedly has a better Radio?

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
I agree my radio hasnt been on since I bought the unit. It simply doesnt work no radio reception even with the dual farka antenna.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi Golf_Tsi, we check with tech. Please upgrade your unit with this software again. If it can not help, please return the head unit for test.

http://sbo2.net/cs_serial/KLD4.2(20150311)eonon.rar

The update instruction:
1. Unzip the rar document and find "update.img" and "mcu.img" files, copy them into SD card.
2. Cut off the power and insert the SD card into GPS card slot.
3. Power on and the unit will recognize automatically to update.
Pls pay attention :
1. to keep power supply in stable and blackout is not allowed.
2. You can not take out the SD card before the upgrade is done
3. Generally speaking, it takes about 3-4 minutes to finish upgrade.
4. There will be a "Beep" sound when upgrade finished. Then you can turn off the unit, take out the SD card and power on again.
Attention: Please do not cut off the power and take out the SD card
during update. It may take about 3-4 minutes for update, so please pay more
patience on it. And please follow the way to update it strictly.

Hi mikeleemk6, could you PM your order number? Tks a lot

Golf_Tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Golf_Tsi, we check with tech. Please upgrade your unit with this software again. If it can not help, please return the head unit for test.

http://sbo2.net/cs_serial/KLD4.2(20150311)eonon.rar

The update instruction:
1. Unzip the rar document and find "update.img" and "mcu.img" files, copy them into SD card.
2. Cut off the power and insert the SD card into GPS card slot.
3. Power on and the unit will recognize automatically to update.
Pls pay attention :
3. Generally speaking, it takes about 3-4 minutes to finish upgrade.
4. There will be a "Beep" sound when upgrade finished. Then you can turn off the unit, take out the SD card and power on again.
Attention: Please do not cut off the power and take out the SD card
during update. It may take about 3-4 minutes for update, so please pay more
patience on it. And please follow the way to update it strictly.

Hi mikeleemk6, could you PM your order number? Tks a lot

This is a hardware issue as everyone who has this unit has the problem so how can it be software and how is the above going to help?. I am running a custom ROM and still have the problem so again how can it be software as i had the same problem when i was using the eonon ROM.

Clearly these units dont go through QA tests and i am not sure how you can test the radio in China for a unit which is going to be fitted in the UK/USA etc. If they were tested properly then we would not be having this conversation....

I can send my unit back but that would be to the UK warehouse not back to China (eonon to arrange the pickup). I dont see why i should have to pay to return a unit which had a fault even before opening the box (as i found out later from other members on this forum). I took the risk in buying because you promised to provide good support and hoping Radio would at least work 90% but its far from that.

the mic is also rubbish on the unit as i have previously stated that when making calls via BT others can hardly hear me. I was told to try the external mic and i sent a detailed explanation of how badly the mic is built into these units. Its been exposed on XDA forums already I(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56529110&postcount=4592) with photos showing how the internal and external mic's run on the same connection so it wont matter if we used external mic. Again this felt to deaf ears on eonon parts. Again this is a hardware issue which needs re-design i am not a expert but i did provide all the info i could to help improve the unit...i dont think this is the case even on the new units as i see people still have similar experience with radio/BT/Mic

i am done with eonon...:mad::mad:

Last edited:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi Golf_Tsi, all the head units we sell are tested strictly. If you have problem with the head unit. We will do our best to help you. Thanks a lot for your understanding.
Even Apple company is not possible to make sure every iPhone 100% will not arise problem during usage.

Golf_Tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Golf_Tsi, all the head units we sell are tested strictly. If you have problem with the head unit. We will do our best to help you. Thanks a lot for your understanding.
Even Apple company is not possible to make sure every iPhone 100% will not arise problem during usage.

most people (80%) here have a issue with the radio...i suggest you read back all the pages. they have simply just put up with the issue or are using online radio as a workaround.

dont compare your self with apple its..different OS and they dont make car system yet, by u saying this u just admitted you QA is not upto mark.

i would be keen to know how u tested this unit with a UK radio transmission.

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
So radio reception is still awful and you can not use the factory MDI for the AUX connection correct? they look so nice but those are 2 functions I need in a head unit.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi IAtegeler,

Could you tell us which Eonon head unit do you have? The radio function is improved on GA6153F. Please PM us your order number or email address when you bought the head unit.
Do you mean whether the AUX port can still work after you install Eonon head unit? You can still use the AUX port after you install Eonon head unit.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
The factory AUX and MDI will not work with ANY aftermarket radio

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi Gti For Me, thanks a lot for your reply.
It can not support the MDI. It has plugs for AUX. You can check No 1,3 and 4 PIN.

Stero1Dcc

Ready to race!
Received GA6153F unit yesterday, installed on the car - everything works but no sound coming thru the speakers.

No OEM Amp, NO Dynaudio, OEM BT was disconnected before the install.

Order Number - 170100088640mben

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi Stero1Dcc, we check for you, please try the following suggestion.
1.Please tell us the model and year of your car.
2.You can un-plug and connect all the cables again.
3.If you try above and still has no sound, please update the head unit.
Please update the head unit and then check whether the screen mirroring function can work well.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzboUgP8pRtcU95X3pQMXVPSzA/view?usp=sharing

Upgrade instruction:
1. Pls record all data in factory setting before you upgrade.(You can take a picture)
When upgrade is done, pls re-boot the unit and check the data is the same as before, is no, set them as the same.
2. Unzip the file you downloaded, copy "update.img"into a formatted SD card(FAT32 format);
3. Insert the SD card into GPS card slot;
4. Enter Settings->About Machine->system update;
5. The head unit will recognize the update file and upgrade automatically. (select"Wipe data and format flash!")

Pls pay attention :
3. It will take about 3-4 minutes to finish upgrade, thank you for your time.

And if you update the head unit and it still has no sound, please send us pictures of the two sides of the power plug of your car. We will check for you.

Stero1Dcc

Ready to race!
Hi Stero1Dcc, we check for you, please try the following suggestion.
1.Please tell us the model and year of your car.
2.You can un-plug and connect all the cables again.
3.If you try above and still has no sound, please update the head unit.
Please update the head unit and then check whether the screen mirroring function can work well.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzboUgP8pRtcU95X3pQMXVPSzA/view?usp=sharing

Upgrade instruction:
1. Pls record all data in factory setting before you upgrade.(You can take a picture)
When upgrade is done, pls re-boot the unit and check the data is the same as before, is no, set them as the same.
2. Unzip the file you downloaded, copy "update.img"into a formatted SD card(FAT32 format);
3. Insert the SD card into GPS card slot;
4. Enter Settings->About Machine->system update;
5. The head unit will recognize the update file and upgrade automatically. (select"Wipe data and format flash!")

Pls pay attention :
3. It will take about 3-4 minutes to finish upgrade, thank you for your time.

And if you update the head unit and it still has no sound, please send us pictures of the two sides of the power plug of your car. We will check for you.

My car is in the bodyshop till Saturday/Sunday... I will get to the update and let you know if it does the trick

I have 2011 VW CC Sport Package

Status
Not open for further replies.