GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GIAC k04 file dyno

Stanielz

Ready to race!
I dynod 310 HP and 328 torque on the new GIAC k04 file.

I dynod 295 hp and 289 torque on the APR k04 file.

gains are as much as 40 HP and 40 torque in the power band.

all numbers are to the wheels.

GIAC run in black, APR in green.
(except for last one just showing giac hp/tq)

My performance mods stayed the same, same gas (93 octane), same dyno. same wheels/rims, both corrected.

refer to my sig to see what all my mods actually are.

with that being said. there is more power left in the file in accordance with various logs which i will let my dealer and GIAC work out. and i can't reveal that >_< sorry.

I knew this file made more power in mid range RPMs. i could feel it. towards redline is falls off more than APR's file, but thats to keep EGTs down from what i understand, and the APR file is still pushing 25 psi in that RPM range. In contrast, GIAC tapers the boost down there to keep EGTs in control. but, u can keep those couple of RPMs. i much rather have the mid range.

Much thanks to bryan at Driven Performance at Pensacola, FL.

any questions, im here for yall.

Last edited:

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
it looks great. it would had been cool to see, the awe dyno, apr dyno and now giac dyno. That way it will show how weak the awe tune is and that we were RIGHT about awe's tune. AWE's dyno still showing 319whp though. Nice for giac for helping you out

again it looks great and i am sure you car finally feels the way you wanted.

thanks for sharing

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
it looks great. it would had been cool to see, the awe dyno, apr dyno and now giac dyno. That way it will show how weak the awe tune is and that we were RIGHT about awe's tune. AWE's dyno still showing 319whp though. Nice for giac for helping you out

again it looks great and i am sure you car finally feels the way you wanted.

thanks for sharing

AWE uses GIAC's tune. There is no difference between the two.

Stanielz

Ready to race!

this file is a new one, and differs from the original on which AWE set the parameters. thats why even know GIAC made it, awe set the parameters, and its generally known as "awe's file". this was GIAC all the way and is generally known as "giac's high output file".

hope that clears things up.

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
this file is a new one, and differs from the original on which AWE set the parameters. thats why even know GIAC made it, awe set the parameters, and its generally known as "awe's file". this was GIAC all the way and is generally known as "giac's high output file".

hope that clears things up.

That's the one I'm getting flashed next week. They are both GIAC tunes. That's all that matters really.

Stanielz

Ready to race!

269horsesuv

Ready to race!

LOL...no difference between the two. if so, why are you getting the GIAC high output file to replace the AWE file you currently have?

Let's stay on topic but with the truth.

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
Wish we had 93 in CA, without paying through the nose for 100 at the track. But I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all. :)

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
LOL...no difference between the two. if so, why are you getting the GIAC high output file to replace the AWE file you currently have?

Let's stay on topic but with the truth.

Yes, let's. I'm getting the new file because I'd like to see what it feels like. The old file is still working great for me. That AWE set the params for the file doesn't bother me; it's still produced by GIAC and distributed through their dealer network. :iono:

Anyway... sorry to threadjack.

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
Yes, let's. I'm getting the new file because I'd like to see what it feels like. The old file is still working great for me. That AWE set the params for the file doesn't bother me; it's still produced by GIAC and distributed through their dealer network. :iono:

Anyway... sorry to threadjack.

the new GIAC file looks great and I hope you come here and share how weak your currently "great" AWE tune was. Nothing wrong with saying the truth. GIAC is working to clean its name from the mess AWE put them. Great job for GIAC again.

peace

Halvie

WOOSA
That's the one I'm getting flashed next week. They are both GIAC tunes. That's all that matters really.

sure buddy...

Great numbers TSI. Wish this file would have been around from the start. Any chance on AWE changing their k04 page to reflect reality, or they still going to try to tell people it makes advertised power?