GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI owner already have a coolant leak :<

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I hope you get this sorted. Like you said you can live without the Nav. Can you live without the bluetooth capability? I know I'd push for that to be fixed. If the only way for them to fix it is to install the correct radio then they should do that for you.

Nice looking car, good luck.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Wow ... that sucks. They sold you a car with an RNS-315, though. The fact that it doesn't have one is their problem, not yours. I'd push for them to install one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Ill let you guys know what they say tomorrow, I'm just hoping they get the leak fixed in the morning so I can use my car for work.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Seriously, if it didn't come with what it stated, price reduction? Even for a few $$$ off, I'd push for something although I suppose it's too late for that direction. At least make sure they get it fixed up for you before you take off with it.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Make them install the headunit that has NAV. Not only does the car not have NAV, the Bluetooth is also messed up....

Push for a new headunit.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a quick update, the leak is fixed, I drove it to work and everything seemed fine. And either later today or tomorrow they will call me with a possible solution for the Bluetooth problem. Ill update this thread when I get more information, thanks for all the help everyone! I will also look into getting the nav system installed.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealer is going to let me know what is gonna happen with my Bluetooth in the next couple of days, also now my tint is peeling off on the passenger side. Ughhhhh

SyDiko

Ready to race!
The dealer is going to let me know what is gonna happen with my Bluetooth in the next couple of days, also now my tint is peeling off on the passenger side. Ughhhhh

You should really raise hell about not having the navigation as stated in the ad. They listed and priced the car as having the navigation.

Last edited:

whitewillsmiff

Just had the same problem, bought my 2012 in April, 14k miles. The housing leaked as I was driving my wife to the hospital as her water broke also. haha Dealer fixed it and stated supposedly the leak issue has been fixed with this latest version. Time shall tell. Grats on the car!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Just had the same problem, bought my 2012 in April, 14k miles. The housing leaked as I was driving my wife to the hospital as her water broke also. haha Dealer fixed it and stated supposedly the leak issue has been fixed with this latest version. Time shall tell. Grats on the car!
Both waters broke at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no bluetooth module under the seat. The dealer is trying to figure out who is going to pay for it, them or volkswagen. So at least I don't have to pay for it. I knew the car didn't have nav when I test drove it since I knew what the nav system looked like. So it is not a big deal for me, I just want bluetooth fixed. And they gave me a lot of money for my previous car so I was happy with that and the salesman said they work with APR so I can get discounts if I go through them. I hope the water pump doesn't cause anymore leaks. I have an extended warranty, if it does leak again I am covered, the warranty is good to 110k miles and to the year 2022. Does anyone know if dealerships normally do tint removal or do I have to go to a shop that specializes in it?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
There is no bluetooth module under the seat. The dealer is trying to figure out who is going to pay for it, them or volkswagen. So at least I don't have to pay for it. I knew the car didn't have nav when I test drove it since I knew what the nav system looked like. So it is not a big deal for me, I just want bluetooth fixed. And they gave me a lot of money for my previous car so I was happy with that and the salesman said they work with APR so I can get discounts if I go through them. I hope the water pump doesn't cause anymore leaks. I have an extended warranty, if it does leak again I am covered, the warranty is good to 110k miles and to the year 2022. Does anyone know if dealerships normally do tint removal or do I have to go to a shop that specializes in it?
Cool that it's an APR partner dealer. That means if you go back to them for service they'll overlook pretty much any reasonable mod you do.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool that it's an APR partner dealer. That means if you go back to them for service they'll overlook pretty much any reasonable mod you do.

Yeah, I have a week of vacation coming up in July, so I am going to get an apr stage 1 tune through them. So stoked.:p

whitewillsmiff

Both waters broke at the same time?

Hers broke that night, then I was on the exit ramp on the way to the hospital when the GTI's coolant light came on. Would be lying if I didn't think, "Wonder if she would be mad if I pulled over to check things out?", then just hit the gas and drove the 2 miles to the hospital. lol