GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Guy

derilict

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey folks,

I didn't see an "official" new member intro spot, so this looks as good as any. I joined on VWVortex as well, but in all my reaserach and meandering the past 2 weeks since purchasing my '10 GTI, the majority of the more informative posts seemed to be coming from here. So........ here I am, haha.

Don't worry, I'm not new to cars/bikes, tuning them, or forums for that matter--just MKVI VW's. I'm reading all the FAQ's and stickies like a good little newb. I grew up on the original GTI's--my old man owned several MKI and MKII's in the 80's-early 90's, so I pretty much blame him. He loves my MKVI.

See you all around.

-Derek

derilict

Passed Driver's Ed
Pics coming this weekend. Normally I'd have a dozen by now, been a crazy couple of weeks.

The V-Dub came with a nice carbon/kevlar looking CAI and tinted windows--otherwise bone stock. Short term plans (Spring): Stage I or II--currently debating if a TBE is worth the extra few tq/hp. I have an ARP dealer very close, and looking at their data it's hard to make a business case for investing the $ and time in a TBE for only minimal gains over Stage I w/ Intake. Does the stock exhaust flow that well? I'm coming from a WRX w/ an STi turbo and other goodies, and ditching the OEM downpipe on those was HUGE. Granted, it had 2 restrictive cats IN the DP. Might ditch the OEM Detroits as well. Possibly a clutch it sounds like?

Long term plans: (Summer/Fall) Lowering springs and shocks. Since it's my d/d commuter, I'm not trying to get too carried away with it. But MAN does a K04 look like it could be fun. :thumbup:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Pics coming this weekend. Normally I'd have a dozen by now, been a crazy couple of weeks.

The V-Dub came with a nice carbon/kevlar looking CAI and tinted windows--otherwise bone stock. Short term plans (Spring): Stage I or II--currently debating if a TBE is worth the extra few tq/hp. I have an ARP dealer very close, and looking at their data it's hard to make a business case for investing the $ and time in a TBE for only minimal gains over Stage I w/ Intake. Does the stock exhaust flow that well? I'm coming from a WRX w/ an STi turbo and other goodies, and ditching the OEM downpipe on those was HUGE. Granted, it had 2 restrictive cats IN the DP. Might ditch the OEM Detroits as well. Possibly a clutch it sounds like?

Long term plans: (Summer/Fall) Lowering springs and shocks. Since it's my d/d commuter, I'm not trying to get too carried away with it. But MAN does a K04 look like it could be fun. :thumbup:

I also had a WRX before purchasing my GTI in '11. I had mine pro-tuned at stage 2, with supporting mods (intake, catless-down, and up.) Would have loved to go the VF39 route, but before my pro tune, I ran too rich too long, and it caused some engine problems. :(

From what I can gather, the APR Stage 2 is half-beast mode. In fact, it is said to be even more aggressive than a similarly tuned (I'd guess cobb) Stage 2 WRX. And, reading a bunch of forum posts about Stage 1, the consensus is 'lacking' after awhile, because of its top-end drop off.

K04 is full beast. :)

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Welcome

Got mine almost a month ago myself. Did a few mods already lol.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Welcome! My recent history, I went from a pro tuned '04 WRX to a Cobb pro tuned '07 Mazdaspeed3. Picked up a new '10 GTI and went APR Stage 1 @ 600 miles and then K04 @ 4k miles. You'll love this car. Now that port flashing is available, it makes it a little easier to make the move. Enjoy it, mod it and enjoy it more! ��

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Hey there!