GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New noise in my 2012 mk6 gti

Chemphill

So I’ve had the car for about 3 months now. Over the past month I’ve noticed this whine noise on rpm increase. In gear or neutral. I’m currently at a little under 71,000 mi. Just got the clutch done due at 68,000 mi. Replaced the PCV valve which ended with AH and the diverter Valve at about 65,000. Here’s the link to a YouTube video about the noise.
any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to learn more about cars sorry if anything is confusing.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
sounds normal to me... maybe your drive belt... what clutch did you get?

Chemphill

sounds normal to me... maybe your drive belt... what clutch did you get?
Was limited on money and time so I just went with the stock clutch... stupid I know but like I said I needed the car back as soon as possible . I’ve heard most people said it’s probably just the belt or possibly a pulley. Who knows I’m still pretty new to this vw world 😂

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
did they change the gear oil when they did the clutch?

Chemphill

did they change the gear oil when they did the clutch?
No, they wanted to charge 400 for it. I asked them how it looked and if they would recommend to change it now or wait. I was told it looked fine for the mileage... tempted to just buy some and do it myself

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
go to a dealer, at most it is 30 bucks a qt, you need to buy 3 (2.4 for fill) ... you can usually talk them down to 22-25 each.

its possible they dumped some oil, and its low. quick level check would answer that.