GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New sub!

livefast

Ready to race!
12 inch Kicker CompVR
Alpine MRx-M50

I'll get some pics of the amp later. It's mounted under the front driver's seat.

This thing bumps! It absolutely kills everything I throw at it.

Last edited:

Dub_Monk

Ready to race!
Looks like that box is discontinued on most sites. Where did you pick it up? I'm looking at putting together a system and just grabbing a cheaper box to hold me over.

livefast

Ready to race!
Looks like that box is discontinued on most sites. Where did you pick it up? I'm looking at putting together a system and just grabbing a cheaper box to hold me over.

I picked it up at Cartronics in Pembroke Pines, FL.

Here it is on amazon with 2 buying options: RS12G 12 inch subwoofer

Amazon has an odd name for it as mine was the HSR12G not the RS12G, but I'm assuming it's just a typo.

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
Nice and simple kinda like it. When you push the volume with the right type music do you feel any pressure from the bass? I've been thinking of downgrading from two 12"s in a big ported box down to a single 12" but hesitant. Afraid it won't hit anywhere hard as current setup. Input greatly appreciated!

Tomato

livefast

Ready to race!
Nice and simple kinda like it. When you push the volume with the right type music do you feel any pressure from the bass? I've been thinking of downgrading from two 12"s in a big ported box down to a single 12" but hesitant. Afraid it won't hit anywhere hard as current setup. Input greatly appreciated!

Tomato

I definitely feel the bass. My box is sealed because I was wanting very accurate reproduction, but I'm telling you I feel it in my whole body. Not exactly sure what you mean by pressure, but I feel the bass in my seat and head. Yesterday, my iPhone screen kept blurring from the bass when I was changing a song.

Since I mainly listen to fast paced dubstep or electronic music, I was afraid it wouldn't perform at all for rap. I was wrong. I actually have to slightly adjust the gain on my knob up front when I play rap because its so powerful.

Also, I still have a ton of gain left to add. Right now it's about half way and hitting as hard as I like it to. What you'll probably gain by switching from the ported dual 12's to a sealed 12 is wayyyy more accurate reproduction.

(((boom)))

I've been thinking of downgrading from two 12"s in a big ported box down to a single 12" but hesitant. Afraid it won't hit anywhere hard as current setup. Input greatly appreciated!

Tomato

What kind of music do you listen to?
How big is your box right now and tuned to what?
What subs and how much power are you running?

One 12 in a big ported can be just as loud, even louder, than two 12's in a small ported box.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I thought about adding a aftermarket sub to my stock system. Do they make a sub system that has the sub and amp installed in the same box. Something that is everything self contained for a simple plag and play scenario.

livefast

Ready to race!
I thought about adding a aftermarket sub to my stock system. Do they make a sub system that has the sub and amp installed in the same box. Something that is everything self contained for a simple plag and play scenario.

They do. There are a couple on the market. I was thinking of adding one at first but everyone recommended against it.

livefast

Ready to race!
Goog ol' phd-12v helped to convince me to get a Bazooka --> http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=602254&postcount=2

As always, he dispenses great audio advice.

BTW: I don't mean to knock your sub at all. It's hard to wrong with Kicker and that's pretty tidy packaging for a 12".

No offense taken at all. I was looking for something more intense than a Bazooka and had the budget to do so. For someone just looking to round out their system, the bazooka would probably work great.

livefast

Ready to race!
Picture of amp. The amp fits completely flush under the seat. I just have the seat pushed back to be able to see it.

Pictures of Alpine gain knob