GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie with new Golf 6!

monkfishdan

Hi all. Finally found a MK6 forum....:happyanim:

Just wanted to say hi and share with you all that I had my 1.4TSI SE (122)delivered this morning.

Firstly, much better in the flesh than in pics. Really nice front end and side profile and the Touareg lights aren't as heavy on the rear as it appears.

The interior is real quality and soundproofing very impressive. The engine is so smooth that when stationary the only indication is the revs at tickover. But the biggest surprise is the performance (even whilst running it in). It wants to pull hard from 1200-1500 but you have to rein it in otherwise it'll be easy to take it up to the redline (looking forward to that!). At 2500rpm in sixth it sits at 74mph, so it'll be really economically. It'll be a rapid little car once the running in period is completed. I was contemplating a chip as I had reservations about the performance but I think it'll meet my needs. Looking forward to a longer journey as it's been few short trips today to see how it handles. With brand new tyres and brakes I need to remember to control myself for a few hundred miles...:cry:

GTI2007

Welcome to this forum and congrats with the new MK6 Golf. What colour did you get and could you please post pics of it

damianmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
only seen 2 mk6 on the road so far...the first one I saw was silver on Vancouvers...just as I'd want..

Now, if only I could persuade my boss to get rid of my mk5