Votes: 55 14.6%
  • Detroit

Votes: 128 33.9%

• Total voters

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

skygunner27

18" Detroit's all the way!

I soooo agree. Here's my 12 GTI on Detroit's with 5000 miles on the odo. The car wash stopped working after applying soap...lol.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Detroits kinda look like potato cutters, I'd take lagunas over them

skygunner27

Detroits kinda look like potato cutters, I'd take lagunas over them

I also liked the Lagunas rim pattern. My only complaint is that it looks very generic amongst other auto/third party manufacturers. I bought a 12 over a 13 because of Lagunas rim pattern.

dwgolf

Ready to race!

I soooo agree. Here's my 12 GTI on Detroit's with 5000 miles on the odo. The car wash stopped working after applying soap...lol.
Damn car wash. better correct yourself when in the presents of a GTI.

I think I said this already, but these wheels are the reason I know what a GTI is. Nice car.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My g/f has Detroits on her Jetta Sportwagen TDI and I have to admit they look sweet when she rolls out...

I saw Detroits on a Jetta Sedan the other day and thought it looked decent. I think they are too exaggerated for the GTI but seem to fit well with a larger looking whip.

skygunner27

Damn car wash. better correct yourself when in the presents of a GTI.

I think I said this already, but these wheels are the reason I know what a GTI is. Nice car.

Thanks Bro!!
I love my GTI!! The reason why the car wash stopped on me was because the lasers that read the dimensions of the vehicle to customize the car wash, had a error while surveying the car. I also think the Detroits bring character to the GTI. The Lagunas are too "Dodge Neon" for me when in motion.....but still a nice rim.

11258.jpg

Last edited:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Bro!!
I love my GTI!! The reason why the car wash stopped on me was because the lasers that read the dimensions of the vehicle to customize the car wash, had a error while surveying the car. I also think the Detroits bring character to the GTI. The Lagunas are too "Dodge Neon" for me when in motion.....but still a nice rim.

View attachment 39027

That's one of the reasons they are awesome, rofl. If you sprayed/powdered em black like most of the srt4 owners did (and myself), I imagine they would look just as badass. I will not be spraying/powdering these though as I appreciate them factory :)

setup

I got a set of Denvers on craigslist for $400, a few scratches but everything looks good.
For me 18" Detroits are really nice but a bit big, and heavy (29 + pounds).

I'm happy with 17-s, I like some flesh on my bones ...

This is it:

It's not a GTI, but who will notice ? :23:

Last edited: