GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not A GTI....but a cousin.....

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Lol its a track car...........I can't wrap my head around why people are confused 🤔
Ah, I just read through again. I see the reasoning now. It makes a bit more sense, just dont know why you would go through the trouble

AudiWagons

Wow, I love this build. I don't think I've ever seen a car in 8 years and thought "man I could see myself swapping my GTI for that."

Would love to see more angles of the car and engine bay/interior pics if possible. Looks like an incredibly solid build.

I would have definitely suggested something like the shuenk k03+ or thefrankenturbo f23t over another stock turbo; but regardless I am definitely a huge fun of this build.

Super dope to see the trailer hitch for any tiny hauling or bike-racks.
I have looked at those turbos just now. Maybe not a bad idea. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Lol its a track car...........I can't wrap my head around why people are confused 🤔

A classed track car to be exact. Maybe they don't realize there are rules to stay in a certain class, things you can and can't do, power/weight ratios, etc.

AudiWagons

A classed track car to be exact. Maybe they don't realize there are rules to stay in a certain class, things you can and can't do, power/weight ratios, etc.
Exactly. The Time Attack series I am in has an AWD class that is for cars with 12 pounds per horse power or more. I am in that class right now. Car weighs in at say 3400 pounds and if I have 250 crank horse power on a stock turbo at stage 2.....3400/250 is 13.6 pounds per horse power.

AudiWagons

Anymore questions about the built motor and stock turbo should get a reply like "oh it increases the towing capacity of the car so I can haul my 8.5x16 enclosed trailer with my time attack car in it"
The stronger rods and pistons allows me to out tow my truck. Definitely. I just don't know why people don't understand this. They are so ignorant of cars and engines and towing. As Napoleon Dynamite likes to say, "Gosh!".

I had the timing chain fail and the valves decided to fall in love with the pistons and kiss them but the pistons told the valves to get bent. New head and timing chain and at the same time I thought, why not, not much more to put in stronger rods and pistons. Didn't need to send the engine to the machine shop. <Shrug> I can go bigger turbo if I want.

AudiWagons

Had an Epman turbo blanket installed. It appears to be a cheap Chinese knock off turbo blanket and is not as nice as a CTS turbo or a PTP turbo blanket. We will see how well this turbo blanket works. The downpipe was wrapped in exhaust wrap also. This theoretically allows the exhaust gases to flow faster as the wraps keep the heat contain in the exhaust system. The car does spool noticeably faster and the engine bay is cooler also.