GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBD11 iOS- cant adjust headlights

nomz_mk6

Ready to race!
Hey all,

might just have to get an android tablet unless this is a simple fix.. lowered my car last week and my headlights are too low. Upon going into OBD11, control unit 55 (headlight regulation), basic settings and channel 1, I get a “function cancelled, marginal conditions” error. Am I missing something?

555A204A-1745-468E-9F6A-EF92F71B43E3.jpg

nomz_mk6

Ready to race!
Update: still can’t adjust thru OBD11 but I did notice my AFS sensor was backwards. I unbolted the bracket, flipped the sensor orientation and it seems to have made a difference.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
So AFS sensor was able to adjust on its own? I lowered mine with the racingline/vwr cupkit. I didn’t see any need to adjust my headlights.

nomz_mk6

Ready to race!
So AFS sensor was able to adjust on its own? I lowered mine with the racingline/vwr cupkit. I didn’t see any need to adjust my headlights.
Nah. When I pulled down the LCA to install the spring, I assume the sensor went straight and just angled the opposite way. I had to unbolt the sensor bracket and flip the sensor back to the original position and that seems to have helped a ton without needing to adjust via OBD11

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
You can also manually adjust your headlights too. I did this because I didn't like how low they were pointing even though the AFS was working normally.

nomz_mk6

Ready to race!
You can also manually adjust your headlights too. I did this because I didn't like how low they were pointing even though the AFS was working normally.
technically true but if you ever put your headlights into service mode via vagcom, you run the risk of running the headlight assembly off the adjusters and then you have to replace or bake them in the oven. flipping the AFS sensor did just fine for me since it was only a mild drop