GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oem Skoda Bluetooth

oeguy

Ready to race!
Hey guys I just ordered my GTI last week. I had a skoda bluetooth unit in my mkv gti, my question is will the skoda unit work the same way in my mk6 as it did in my mkv?? does it share the same coding??

GlutenBoy

Passed Driver's Ed
May I ask what is a skoda bluetooth unit? and what does it do?

Also fyi all the GTI canadians model get bluetooth standard.

oeguy

Ready to race!
Yes it did have voice dialing and I had no idea bluetooth was a standard feature in the mk6. I will be picking up my car saturday I'm stoked:)

oeguy

Ready to race!
Hey guys for what it's worth I was on the vw.ca and did some searching and found no bluetooth on standard or optional equipment! Just thought I would share that and now with the new law in affect in Ontario it might be worth it to have 1 installed.

Bill Carson

Passed Driver's Ed
From what I know, the Blue Tooth is called an Option on the MkVI in America; but it's a "Forced Option," meaning that every MkVI sold will have it installed, at an additional cost of $199.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys for what it's worth I was on the vw.ca and did some searching and found no bluetooth on standard or optional equipment! Just thought I would share that and now with the new law in affect in Ontario it might be worth it to have 1 installed.

Bluetooth came standard on my Canadian 2010 GTI. It is the basic kit that only answers and hangs up calls. You cannot dial out unless you use your cell phone, but the bluetooth altomatically picks up the mic and volume when the call starts ringing.

Same kit was also pre-installed on a 2010 Golf wagon Highline.

oeguy

Ready to race!
OK I stand corrected then:) I only checked the website and it did not mention bluetooth as even an option. Oh well that's good news I was gonna buy 1 guess that's off the list:)

zee

Go Kart Champion
The Skoda kit retrofit into your Mk6 might still be on the table for you...from what I read, it allows full MFD integration with phonebook access.
Do you have the P/N for the Skoda kit?

1K8 035 730C - aka 9W2. is the version installed in my car. This is a basic kit and and only answer or end calls, mutes and adjusts volume. A menu does not show in the radio or MFD. It also cannot initiate a call.

I read 5N0 035 730 or 1Z0 035 729 can be updated to replace 9W2. Someone on vwvortex has upgraded to basic kit to 1Z0 035 729 (9W3?) and now has full phonebook with mfd support with voice dialing. He indicated that he will post a writeup of the swap this weekend.

I guess the North American Golfs get the basic 9W2 kit because VW does not want drivers to initate calls while driving, but important calls can be answered while keeping both hands on the wheel.

oeguy

Ready to race!
I will double check the P/N but I emailed Stu from octavia and he advised me that my unit will work but will not allow full integration on the MFD. I have the latest version that works with my RNS-510 but Stu says there is an updated BT module for the MK6 which will allow all features including voice command. The new kit will cost 350 GBP shipped. So I guess I'll be posting my kit for sale.