GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

!!Offical Spyder Auto Golf/GTI MK6 New Projector Headlight w/ LED DRLs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpimptheauto1

I got the chrome ones from Kelvin and they're very good for the price, considering it's an aftermarket headlight.

I originally turned my DRLs off, but noticed that the LEDs come on when the lights come on. With the lights off, my LEDs are off. I may turn the DRL function back on with the VAGCOM.

I also installed an H7 HID kit with error eliminators. Fortunately, the error eliminators fit INSIDE the projector housing itself. Also, the HID ballast that came with the kit I got was small enough to mount to the headlight assembly.

I also changed out the turn signal bulbs with BMW silver ones (about $20 each from the dealer, but you can get the generic ones online) to get rid of the egg yoke look. I may change out the city light bulb (tiny one) for something that isn't so yellow looking.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the rats nest of wiring for the headlights. Could they have figured out a way to make it neater?

>>> UPDATE <<<

I decided to turn the DRLs back on to see...doesn't look too bad.

Last edited:

MK5 Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the chrome ones from Kelvin and they're very good for the price, considering it's an aftermarket headlight.

I originally turned my DRLs off, but noticed that the LEDs come on when the lights come on. With the lights off, my LEDs are off. I may turn the DRL function back on with the VAGCOM.

I also installed an H7 HID kit with error eliminators. Fortunately, the error eliminators fit INSIDE the projector housing itself. Also, the HID ballast that came with the kit I got was small enough to mount to the headlight assembly.

I also changed out the turn signal bulbs with BMW silver ones (about $20 each from the dealer, but you can get the generic ones online) to get rid of the egg yoke look. I may change out the city light bulb (tiny one) for something that isn't so yellow looking.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the rats nest of wiring for the headlights. Could they have figured out a way to make it neater?

>>> UPDATE <<<

I decided to turn the DRLs back on to see...doesn't look too bad.

So the LEDs are the DRLs correct and your low beam are the projectors and only comes on when you manually turn them on right?

Can you post up more pictures? Not too many chrome ones here, more angles and close ups please :)

unpimptheauto1

So the LEDs are the DRLs correct and your low beam are the projectors and only comes on when you manually turn them on right?

Can you post up more pictures? Not too many chrome ones here, more angles and close ups please :)

Unfortunately, I had to take them out. :(

After installing them, with HIDs (and error cancellors), I got bulb out warnings on the dash (and in the MFD). I was able to clear out the code with VAGCOM the first time I got the error. The 3rd time it happened, I wasn't so lucky.

With the VAGCOM, I got a 09 Central Electronics - Malfunction 0100 error. This would NOT go away. Basically, VAGCOM would no longer communicate with the 09 Module (which means I could not turn off DRLs, etc.). So, I had to take OUT the lights, and send it to the dealer.

Not sure what the dealer did, but the error is still there, BUT, I am able to communicate with 09 Central Electronics now.

So, for now, I'm NOT putting in the headlights again with HIDs. IF they go back in, it will be WITHOUT HIDs.

I'll try the LED tails next week.

stealthy1

Ready to race!
Unfortunately, I had to take them out. :(

After installing them, with HIDs (and error cancellors), I got bulb out warnings on the dash (and in the MFD). I was able to clear out the code with VAGCOM the first time I got the error. The 3rd time it happened, I wasn't so lucky.

With the VAGCOM, I got a 09 Central Electronics - Malfunction 0100 error. This would NOT go away. Basically, VAGCOM would no longer communicate with the 09 Module (which means I could not turn off DRLs, etc.). So, I had to take OUT the lights, and send it to the dealer.

Not sure what the dealer did, but the error is still there, BUT, I am able to communicate with 09 Central Electronics now.

So, for now, I'm NOT putting in the headlights again with HIDs. IF they go back in, it will be WITHOUT HIDs.

I'll try the LED tails next week.

Which HID kit were you using? Were you using different error cancellers with different HID kit?

Hope things go well with your lights =)

jakepetersen91

Black Headlights are in stock again! Only 10 sets though!

Any Black left? Just got the birthday money, (Turned 20 todayyyy!) And finally gonna buy a set!

Also does anyone have any suggestion what to do if I can't afford a HID kit for my headlights right now and want a cooler look for my bulbs that contrasts better with the LED DRLs on my car???

stealthy1

Ready to race!
Any Black left? Just got the birthday money, (Turned 20 todayyyy!) And finally gonna buy a set!

Also does anyone have any suggestion what to do if I can't afford a HID kit for my headlights right now and want a cooler look for my bulbs that contrasts better with the LED DRLs on my car???

Happy Birthday! If I'm not mistaken, the DDM Tuning HID kit is only $40. You will need to add error cancellers. If not, you can always buy some aftermarket halogen bulbs. A few companies that come to mind are Sylvania Nightbreaker Plus, Nokya Stage 1s, Phillips...those are the ones I see often.

Borsig

PM sent.

Looking at the USP HID kit, they say you have to turn OFF the DRL using VAG COM. I assume this is becasue of the H15 bulbs?

How will this effect the function of the LED DRL?

Has anyone installed these with a euro switch? I have a JSW and will be installing a euro switch / fogs.

Borsig

also - those who have installed an H7 HID retrofit kit with error cancelers that did work - what brand did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.