GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BBK and wheel Fitment Guide

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I've heard of some people having clearance issues with the calipers and the lca

I do and the calipers are actually touching the lca on full turn.

WolfsburgSlim

Does anyone know what the spacing would be like with the OEM Detroit Wheels to the Boxster NQSBBK. I blew my budget on the parts for this set up, My wife would kill me if I came home with et35 Wheels.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Sikwitit

Passed Driver's Ed

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Anyone with ttrs brakes can tell me how much caliper protrudes towards backside of the wheel spokes. I measured perpindicular from the rotor to the nearest spoke on the wheels (closest spot to the hub) and i have room for around ~66.76mm.

These brakes

On these wheels

18x8 et39

clownish

just clowning around
Anyone with ttrs brakes can tell me how much caliper protrudes towards backside of the wheel spokes. I measured perpindicular from the rotor to the nearest spoke on the wheels (closest spot to the hub) and i have room for around ~66.76mm.

These brakes

On these wheels

18x8 et39

Shit I was going to measure mine today for you because I spun down my coils a bit and has wheels off. But I forgot.

Plus side, I'm sitting at 25.0 front and 25.5 rear from top of fender to bottom of wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Shit I was going to measure mine today for you because I spun down my coils a bit and has wheels off. But I forgot.

Plus side, I'm sitting at 25.0 front and 25.5 rear from top of fender to bottom of wheel!

No worries, thank you for looking out! Im in no rush. I was just curious.

Thats a good height! Handles nicely

jshay

Go Kart Champion
No worries, thank you for looking out! Im in no rush. I was just curious.

Thats a good height! Handles nicely

Hit up the guys at Pacific German. They have a few workers there with the TT-RS setup there that will probably let you test fit your wheels on.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Hit up the guys at Pacific German. They have a few workers there with the TT-RS setup there that will probably let you test fit your wheels on.

Great tip!! Thanks man. I have a friend that lives around there so i could make use of the trip.

After a canyon run today i felt like the brakes were my limiting factor. I could keep up with my stage 2 friend with similar mods but only if i would brake later and that wasnt done so confidently. The ttrs brakes might be the answer especially since the oem rotors are only around 400 bucks for the pair and the pads are the same as the subaru sti.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Mason that works over at PG will be selling his TTRS setup soon so id probably pay them a visit. I'm sure you could get a fairly good deal from him.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
All things considered what would you guys buy?

TTRS bbk or st40

Both can be had for around 1k give or take a couple hundred with all the hardware.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
All things considered what would you guys buy?

TTRS bbk or st40

Both can be had for around 1k give or take a couple hundred with all the hardware.

Tough to say because the TTRS sure does look awesome with it's 370mm rotors but the ST40 is made for our cars so you won't have that long pedal travel.

If I was in your position, I'd choose the smaller one so you have more choice in wheels later down the line. Who knows, you may find a set of 17s that are just amazing but you can't fit it under the TTRS brakes.