GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BBK and wheel Fitment Guide

Sebas_theFish

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have experience with the 18z calipers behind 3SDM 0.01? Specs are 18x8.5+45 on a Mk5 Golf.

Closest point between the stock caliper and wheel spoke is 5mm. Attached some photos which show the clearance.

Been in contact with 3SDM and sent them the ECS template for their brake kit with the 18z calipers and they say it will not fit. They reckon I'll need about a 20mm spacer. Guess the 18z are a no go then.:iono:

VD0

Hey guys would anyone know if Volks CE28N 18x7.5 ET 45 fit any BBK at all? Looking at upgrading brakes but unsure if any would fit

thanks

Last edited:

postbox

Epic thread, thanks everybody 😍

BBK: Stoptech ST40 355mm
  • OEM VW Laguna/ Watkins Glen 18": 11mm at least (no go for me, will be selling)
  • VW Passat Bristol 18x8, ET48: 4mm with ~0.5mm spoke clearance
VW Bristol and 4mm spacer-07 small.jpg

Please note that spacers below 8 to 10mm width come without the lip - hence your wheel normally won't be touching the hub (or lip of the spacer).
Which usually means not perfect wheel fitment and subsequent vibrations.
Just found the 57.1mm hub extender and will be ordering one.

Also would suggest against thin APR wheel spacers: 3mm came with inner diameter of 59.35(!) and 4mm with inner diameter of 57.2 - which is still a bit loose for my liking.
Will be contacting their support and sending them back.

I'm running 235 width tires with the screw mod and a little astonished to read about 10+mm spacers - don't you guys (with ET48+ wheels) rub?
Or is the majority running OEM width of 225? 🤔
I've got Ground Control camber plates installed and those should reduce the fender rubbing but I would still go for as thin spacer as possible.

Also couldn't find clearance info on 18" OZ Superturismo LM with ST40 355mm kit - please comment if someone is running them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• VW Bristol and 4mm spacer-09 small.jpg
    VW Bristol and 4mm spacer-09 small.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 77
Last edited: