GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official CANDY WHITE GOLF/GTI Thread...

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! I wish that pole and mustang werent in the backround but Im pretty satisfied with the way the car is set up right now. Keep tossing around the idea of going stage 2 but idk...

you should, id say its worth it. i passed emissions without a cat, idk if that would change ur mind or not tho.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
I am coming from stage 2 (stock maf) tune and I love the stratified tune. What Kody Morse said is correct. I don't know if he has the crackles are not but that option makes it so much better, it is stupid fun. I still need to do the maf calibration but I haven't had any problems so I am in no rush to do it. I highly recommend it and it is only $100.

corman1313

Ready to race!
I'm not the guy you asked but I have a Stratified Flash Tune and it was easily the best tune I've got since the AP. Very quick when you want it but very docile when you don't. Low end torque getting into gears is great and mid range seems considerably stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm assuming this is without full bolt ons. I have a stratified tune with full bolts on and have not been on the dyno yet but I did dyno tune at Cobb SoCal before the Stratified tune and put down 266/307 with full bolt ons. I'm assuming the Stratified tune is equivalent if not stronger as it feels much better than any other tune I've had. I started with APR stage 1, then went to Cobb stage 1/2 and then to Stratified tune.
Curious what got you to 240 because I feel that could be achieved with intake and tune alone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I forgot to post this here a few weeks back. This was a back road that led to a trailhead. It wouldn't have been so bad if there weren't 2937198 potholes but it handled great in the snow using Dunlop's wintermax.

clownish

just clowning around
How's the ride quality with those 35 sidewalls? Only thing I'm hesitant about when 19s are concerned

I don't really know what to say because it's such a subjective topic. I have billet mounts, stiff sways, PSS10s set very high, chassis bracing all over... My ride is as I expect it - I don't really care how bumpy it is when my tires hook up. Granted these BBSs on Continentals are show wheels on regular summers. On my VMRs, which are also 19s, on Hankook R-S3s, the car hooks and rolls so nicely I have no complaints. These types of tires, like RS3/4s, RE-71Rs, R888Rs, etc. are amazing and I highly recommend them for people who are running summer/winter tires. Expensive, yes, but they transform any car into something more interesting. At the cost of tread ware life, ride quality, road noise, but traction and handling is so amazing I will never complain about it. I have OEM-looking professionally widened fenders and I am looking to mount 245/35/19 or 255 tires the next time I buy tires.

TLDR: they're probably rougher than you want if you're asking about ride quality.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Freshly polished and ready to hit the road! :)

20170415_110534.jpg

20170415_110652_HDR.jpg

20170415_110804_HDR.jpg

20170415_110816_HDR.jpg

20170415_110937.jpg

20170415_111021_HDR.jpg

20170415_111158.jpg

20170415_111313.jpg

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looking good!

riceburner