GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

EuroMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
New to the forums thought I would share my slip with you guys. Just ran on Friday 05/27/2016. Ambient temp was 93° with track temps around 110°.

Pass was done at Atco Raceway in NJ.

Car is a 2012 GTI 6-speed 2 door.

Modifications:

USP Intake
Eurojet 3" catless DP
Stock catback with resonator delete
Stock Intercooler
Spulen Turbo outlet pipe
Spulen throttle body pipe
Spulen turbo muffler delete
South bend stage 2 daily clutch and flywheel
Audi R8 Coil packs
EuroDyne Maestro 7 software stage 2 base map with custom layover my myself
Enkie PF01 wheels (17") with Toyo street tires
Stock suspension and mounts
Full interior minus the spare tire

Best run was a 13.6@104mph. Have to go back one it cools down some more.

Attachments

• 2016-05-29 14.11.20.jpg
    2016-05-29 14.11.20.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 2016-05-29 14.10.52.jpg
    2016-05-29 14.10.52.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Please help!! lol

I'm really hoping one of you guys with dsg has a suggestion for me. I have apr stage 2 and dsg tune, tbe, intake drag radials, meth, etc. I can hit a high 12 on occasion with 1.8 60 foots when I'm lucky. The problem is my launch.

If I stage first and get both beams lit before my opponent the engine has time to settle down and then let's me rev it up for a launch. Problem is if my opponent stages first I have to rush when i pull ahead to fully stage the lights start Going down immediately and I need to rev and launch but the clutches grab and do not let me. It's very frustrating and has cost me in the money round twice now. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there's a strategy or trick I don't know? I can't always stage before the other guy because I need to do a little burnout and if they're not on slicks they pull up before me.

smokey24

Ready to race!
I'm not sure how aprs launch is set up but i have giac. I don't usually have a probably but I usually try to get to the line 1st or I'm also scrambling. If the weather is warm out then by your 3rd u should need to heat up the slicks really anymore. Maybe 2nd depending on Temps. They should be sticky enough. U could always talk to the flagged possibly on your 1st run and see if he could possibly let u pull the light 1st. If he's cool might go for it. Since he's the one that flags u forward when it's time to pull up.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the insight. I considered not doing a burnout, but haven't tried yet. I did have a fellow racer offer to let me stage first which was cool, but when it's down to elimination rounds I don't know if they'd go for it.

What launch rpm would you recommend on Hoosiers?

smokey24

Ready to race!
R your drag radials or drag,slicks ? I have drag radials so my launches are lower, I shoot for about 2500 to 3000 and that's where I've found my best success. Buy if I had drag slicks it would be higher

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Drag radials at 18 psi. Haven't been hooking very well. Around 1.9 - 2 second 60 foot.
2500 doesn't bog?

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I replied but it's not showing...Hoosier drag radial 2. 225 50 16. Does 2500 not bog when it hooks?

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Here it is... Duh

smokey24

Ready to race!
It's been a minute since I've raced. Maybe I went 3k or 2800. 25 it might. But regardless I did people out because the ko4 spools so fast and so hard. Once either starts spooling it's almost instantly peak torque. Not quite but clos . I still had traction issues at 3k. But it was bar far my best launching. U need to lower your tire psi down if I remember correctly around 16 or 15psi possibly even 14, and u need a decent gauge because as the tires heat up the air in the tires expand. U can set them at 18 and run it once and they will be back at 20psi so keep checking them.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Will do. Thanks

smokey24

Ready to race!
Welcome. I'm gonna have new problems at the track next time I go. Gonna try not to break axles, and gonna try to get traction. Lol gtx3071r and ie intake manifold almost finished.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Did u build your motor? Probably need rods to handle the boost.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to go that route but too rich for me. K04 going in shortly for a few grand.. Can't afford a 5k build and a 5k turbo kit. Plus a custom tune.