GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offsets???

elementfmfl

Just picked up my 010 GTI! I love everything about the car minus the wheels! Looking to see what I can get to work with, I have a nice set of wheels I found bit the offset is ET35. I was wondering if these will work with my GTI? I believe the et is 45? Anyone know if these will work?

Thanks Brian

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I believe stock is ET51, and ET35 is a bit too aggressive and will require quite a bit of camber and fender work.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
35 will poke and at stock ride height will look ridiculous

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
How bad are we talking? I found a nice set of wheels with a 35 offset and like the look.

TIA

Yea, I was in the same situation as you, but decided against it cause I was told it would stick out approximately 0.4 inches. Although not much, if you do not plan on lowering the car it looks like it is sticking out more than it is.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
well, ET51 to ET35 is a 16mm change, more like .6 inch difference...

i moved my toyota matrix wheels 13mm out with rims that were 1.5" wider than stock and tires that were 2" wider (195's to 245's) but within 3% rolling diameter from stock, and on a mild 1.2" drop - not a single rubbing issue. but this is a different car, so things may be different...

elementfmfl

Thanks for the responses, I really dont know what to do. I dont want to throw cash down get tires and then not have it work out. I appreciate the help if anyone has anything further please let me know.

Brian

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
how wide are the wheels?

this is 19x8.5 et35 on a MKV R32

have a look here, granted they will be on a MKV but you'll get the idea of how much they poke
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1691562

elementfmfl

Thanks I dont think that looks bad at all. There are a couple of sets I have seen, one is 8" wide the other 8.5". Both 18" wheels. What do you think?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
you maybe right, lots of people do, but i did a search for ET35 and that game up...

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
this car is for sure 18x8 et35

as is this one

this is 8.5 et35