GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure Low Engine OFF!!

martinoermand

Any puddling under the car or noticable leaks? Turbos use more oil as well. Also turbo could have issues. How is your boost pressure been?
I have looked through a couple of threads about this and the general consensus is that the oil level is low.

This fault has now occurred 4 times, ALL when doing a right turn. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin The first time it happened was the first time we discovered the indecent amount of oil the car was using "Within VW accepted use". The oil was topped up but we were still not happy as there was no advance warning. Just the middle of a U-Turn, across the road, and ENGINE OFF! Probably the most dangerous thing to do!

So, low oil.

It happened a second time and again low oil. The issue here is NOT the message but the lack of an option to move to the side of the road.

Now to the most recent, 2 nights ago. Due to the ridiculous amount of oil required the level was now being checked religiously and was never down by more than 1 litre before being topped up.

Right turn and ENGINE OFF!!!. The car was on the FULL level so absolutely no issue with low oil. Once again stranded in the middle of an intersection. A little later it happened again but this time I put my foot on the clutch to roll to the side of the road and the engine did not stop. So it appears if the engine is under any sort of load, and we are not talking fast turns here, just a very mild U-Turn, the engine simply stops.

Took it to the dealer who advised that there were NO errors logged in the computer. My concern here is that there is NOTHING for the dealer to go on and yet the car seems intent on killing us by stopping mid turn in traffic.

Has anyone experienced such a problem, and more specifically found a solution?

Last thing, of course the car is now out of warranty. We have contacted VW Australia Head Office and logged the fact that this has been an ongoing problem but at this point we await their decision on warranty.

Last edited: