GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OK to run Africa plate with no catch can?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I think you'd need a check valve or something.

I don't know why it hasn't been stressed, but catch cans don't do much to help the carbon fouling issue. The culprit is the EGR system. EGR delete = very little carbon in the intake.

twistid

Ready to race!
I think you'd need a check valve or something.

I don't know why it hasn't been stressed, but catch cans don't do much to help the carbon fouling issue. The culprit is the EGR system. EGR delete = very little carbon in the intake.

you don't think deleting pcv will help with stopping gunky valves? Im trying to find a method of simply venting the crap out as stated with dump tube above.

http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=144048&start=0

i also found this where a member completly blocks off pcv and claims its passed through tp exhaust. where i live there are no emission testing and i have no cats so im not worried about exhaust fouling.

any info would be greatly appreciated

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
I ran into oil consumption issues while using that and have since removed the 034 plate. (1qt for ~100miles, while without the plate I have ZERO oil consumption)
I tried to run it as both a single dump tube and routed to exhaust. I ran an in line AN check valve with it and I believe it created too much positive pressure

Im back to just running dual dump tubes and have sold the 034 plate.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
you don't think deleting pcv will help with stopping gunky valves? Im trying to find a method of simply venting the crap out as stated with dump tube above.

http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=144048&start=0

i also found this where a member completly blocks off pcv and claims its passed through tp exhaust. where i live there are no emission testing and i have no cats so im not worried about exhaust fouling.

any info would be greatly appreciated

Most of the deposits are from carbon already in the intake stream...such as from the EGR system. Catch cans have been proven to NOT make much of a difference. PCV delete...I don't know, but it's possible. If you streamed PCV dump to exhaust then you'd be getting smoke and oily spray out your exhaust.

Super0901

Any explanation of why my car would run A LOT better this way rather than with the full catch can installed?

I returned it back to the way it was intended. But if i can't figure this out the whole thing is coming out tomorrow. Car feels slower than stage 1 with the CC installed and i don't make full boost until around 3800rpm's. Even at that it's only 16psi. I was hitting 20psi before the CC install and 22psi with the africa plate only...
Probably because all the air is going into the intake rather than a bunch of vacuum hoses taking up aif