GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

On your worst year, how much headache did the car cause you?

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
Just around 70k the world Blew up.
I had to replace the front brakes and rotor-$2000
Replaced the radiator-$700
Carbon Cleaning-$500
Rear brakes then went-$550 in parts

Now im scared at 80k that the timing chain will go or ill need to replace suspension.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just around 70k the world Blew up.
I had to replace the front brakes and rotor-$2000
Replaced the radiator-$700
Carbon Cleaning-$500
Rear brakes then went-$550 in parts

Now im scared at 80k that the timing chain will go or ill need to replace suspension.

What happened to the brakes where it was that much? I'm seeing OEM calipers for ~$220 a piece, then OEM pads and rotors for $300. $800 in parts then I can't imagine the labor was too much since replacing a caliper and rotor and pads should only take ~1 hour for an experienced mechanic. Unless something really bad happened that required more work/parts. Or you just meant $200 and now I look like an idiot :iono:

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
What happened to the brakes where it was that much? I'm seeing OEM calipers for ~$220 a piece, then OEM pads and rotors for $300. $800 in parts then I can't imagine the labor was too much since replacing a caliper and rotor and pads should only take ~1 hour for an experienced mechanic. Unless something really bad happened that required more work/parts. Or you just meant $200 and now I look like an idiot :iono:

I should Explain it was 17z Calipers and 2 piece rotors +stainless lines...that all went wrong afterwards.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I should Explain it was 17z Calipers and 2 piece rotors +stainless lines...that all went wrong afterwards.

Oh that makes sense. Did they not fit or got messed up after install?