GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordering a 2013 GTI

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is in, I'll be picking it up Friday the 17th... I had a friend take a few pictures as he lives in the town I'm picking it up in; Duluth, MN.

Here are some teasers:

djaikon

Ready to race!
Congrats! You're gonna love it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
No autobahn :(

But congrats anyways :D

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
welcome :)

I agree with your opinion on the Si...I had a EK9 before and it was such a good car. slow, crappy but somehow I just loved it!

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
welcome :)

I agree with your opinion on the Si...I had a EK9 before and it was such a good car. slow, crappy but somehow I just loved it!

True, unless you're in VTEC all the time, the car is just a simple "economy car". I actually want to run my Civic Si this fall and possibly sell it next Spring. It sure is a beautiful car however...

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had some time with the car, running it during some nice days and to/from work. It's just simply AMAZING. It without question is the best automatic gearbox/transmission I've ever experienced. The handling on it is also top of the line, i've used it on some tight corners when the chance was given. I've taken it on a few longer trips, to and from the dealership, which is a 60 mile trip one way, and it's highway performance along with MPG are just as good as the rest of the car. At this point, i'm VERY, VERY satisfied with my purchase. I can't say right now when the modifying will begin, as I'm still picking up parts for my Lancer Evolution. Once winter starts here in MN. I'll be saving up my pennies and looking for toys come spring.

Thanks for reading the thread!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
If you're amazed now you may just go in your pants when you get tuned!

SABOtage

Ready to race!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would have picked up the manual, if I was the only one driving it... but as stated the car is a DD and for the whole family. I have enough manual cars at this point to get my thrills from.

I really, really considered the ST, but I would never pick up a first year model... and again, being they only offered it in a manual, I couldn't go that route. The automatic in the Focus SE and SEL models are just deplorable compared to the GTI, and with all the issues they've had with it recently, it was one of the main reasons I went with the dual clutch auto on the GTI. I really think the tangerine scream ST would have complemented my grabber orange Stang quite well, but all in all, after doing some research and some test driving, the GTI is a winner HANDS DOWN! If I could get another manual tranny car, I would have went for the Golf "R" over anything, including the ST. I think an AWD car in MN. would have made sense.
I actually sat in and really got a good close up look at the ST in Carlisle, PA. last month at the Ford Nationals. A really great looking car that was VERY comfortable. But, it still didn't match up to the build quality of the German engineered GTI.

My SI after a trade in for an 02 PT Cruiser was just over 7K. I've had offers of near double that for the car. Especially for those enthusiasts who drooled over the EBP Em1 when they were in high school... My SI is a perfect example of a time capsule. It's so clean and so simplistic that I just enjoy it so much! And in similar fashion with the SVT Focus and the GTI, it has a steering response and handling capabilities that are really remarkable.

My Evo right now is my pride and joy. With the exception of the AWFUL TEIN racing coilovers, I am completely smitten with every aspect of the car. It's a VERY difficult car to drive conservatively. I got I think 160 miles off the last tank. AWFUL gas mileage, yes... but the smile it puts on my face, is worth the tank of gas. Next summer I plan to go E85 with a conservative tune if I can find enough stations in my area. I also want to take it to a local track in my area (Brainerd International Raceway) and give it a good go. I've attending a few import events at the raceway and it's really a remarkable experience.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes, and once the GTI has arrived you can expect many, many pictures to complete my family collection. :thumbup:

Welcome to the VDUB family

Im picking up my CW GTI tonight, upgrading from my 07 GTI. They are great cars and over time, you will learn to appreciate the little things it has to offer, its the reason why Im getting another one!:D You might get addicted with the Vdubs now!

Looks like you have great car taste, loving the Mustang. I always loved American muscle, if only i can afford the gas haha.

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
Still been looking to get into "Further Performance" for that APR Stage 1 tune, but for whatever reason, I can't get an email to them, so I'll just have to call them this spring when I get closer to the time. The car is still AMAZING! I hate having to drive it in the winter, but it is a DD... and it handles remarkably in our winter snow!

I'd like to get a few more pictures of the car posted up... I've done a few interlagos plaid mods to the car, cosmetically... but nothing else. I still have an Evo and a Mustang i'm buying and saving up for. I think the CW GTI will show off VERY well in the snow when I take some pictures.

1coolride

loving the color. thats the color i want to go with too. does your gti have a sun roof? how much was it out the door?

MCPunk79

Passed Driver's Ed
loving the color. thats the color i want to go with too. does your gti have a sun roof? how much was it out the door?

Car was the "base model" GTI... no sunroof, leather seats or upgraded stereo/navigation system.

Car was fantastic for this winter (Minnesota) and had no difficulties whatsoever. For a DD it's so easy and is still fun and provides great MPG. I think the comfort of the car is remarkable and the car has been VERY reliable except for the aftermarket car starter that was put in. I was also very careful in the way the car was taken car of through the winter... it was always stored in a heated garage and I used touchless car washes and "Chemical Guys" waterless Eco-wash to keep the cars paint looking clean and fresh.

Going to keep this car around for quite a while.