GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Overdraft fee...

ferrari6169gt

Ready to race!
I have several account with Bank of America.
and have 3 cards(same design)
I usually use one card only( the others are for the rent and etc)
and the bank charged me $140 for overdraft fee.
what happened here is when I was at the mall with my friend,I swiped my card for coffee,snack and some other stuffs that you guys usually spend in the mall.
Since I have 3 different cards that are same design, I accidently used the card that is for a rent and I leave it at $0 balance unless I pay a rent.
anyway, I called up bank and they said they can only refund for one overdraft fee($35).
I know it was my mistake but I want to get them back all.
what can I do about it?
(I can't get a overdraft protection which require ssn since I'm on study permit)

Dybz

Banned
ummm... not much. i used to work at a bank and we had people bitch about overdraft all the time, but frankly it's your fault. sometimes if we knew the person or it was seriously their first time overdrafting, or some weird thing came up like your story then we would wave one, maybe two of the fees, but never all of them. just suck it up, pay, and be more careful next time.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I had the same thing happen to me a few years back with BoA. I have since then gotten different designs on my cards so I don't make the same mistake. They waived 3 of the overdraft fees if I recall correctly. Other than that I was on my own. Sorta sucks considering I had plenty of money in my primary account, such is life though I suppose.

07Jetta2.5

Double Stuffed
This happend to me as well dealing with BoA. I over drafted twice, and both purchases were under $5. They ended up charging my a total of ten (10) over draft fee of $35 a pop. I went in the my local bank and start yelling at the first person i saw. They ended up crediting my accout $400 for the mishap. I want to switch to a different bank but i do all my shit online and it was just be to much of a haste to switch banks.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
There was a guy on CNN yesterday (10/28) that had the same problem with Bank Of America. He had been an outstanding member of their bank that wrote the CEO and the fees were removed. Of course taking it to CNN doesn't hurt as well. He had three charges, for a total of under $10 dollars, and the fees were removed. Best of luck.

I guess it just depends on how much of a stink you want to raise. I'm sure you could get them removed. I'd probably refuse to pay at first, write the CEO, and then if that doesn't work...you could always try to take them to court. I bet you'd win. Actually, I'm sure you'd win. It's just not good/fare business.

Weird that you have the same problem as someone I just watched on tv today (with the same bank). Huh.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
I to have BoA. I would say threaten to move to another bank, even if you're not really serious about doing so. Chances are they won't call your bluff, and you can get the fees removed.

Last edited:

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
I have several account with Bank of America.

There's your problem.

Move to a smaller, more locally oriented bank. Chances are, they'll actually give a shit whether or not you're happy.

Tell the giant, apathetic BOA to piss off.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
There's your problem.

Move to a smaller, more locally oriented bank. Chances are, they'll actually give a shit whether or not you're happy.

Tell the giant, apathetic BOA to piss off.

Yeah I totally agree, unfortunately for some people (like me) I spent most of the past 5-6 years in different states and countries and my local bank kept fucking me over and freezing my account when I would make more than 3 transactions out of state a day... :lol:

I gave them a few months to correct it and they never did so I had to move to a bank that had more branches throughout the areas I was in.