GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015, P2099 Code Help Pls.

407Mike

Hey guys I have a 2012 GTI, I recently just purchased with 97k miles. I have a few codes I simply cannot get rid of. The following codes are p2015 intake manifold code, and p2099 turbocharger underboost code. The car runs great and I do not experience any power loss at all or hear any leaks and I’m getting normal MPG and not shooting any blue smoke out the exhaust. The car does for some reason have a single exit exhaust. Is there any information out there that might help me diagnose this? Or has anyone had the same issue? I don’t want to push my luck with a possibly bad turbo and screw up my car.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
P2015 is likely a faulty intake manifold. Very common. Call VW up with your VIN number and you should be able to get it replaced with a newly updated version under warranty. They will also offer you a carbon cleaning for around ~$400 when they do it. I'm assuming you mean P0299, but it could be something simple like a boost leak or bad DV but it can pop up for a bad turbo due to worn wastegate.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16683/P0299/000665

I'd recommend pulling your DV and inspecting it and replacing with a new piston type if its an old diaphragm type, checking all your intercooler connections and finally pulling the downpipe and checking the wastegate as seen here: