Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
whoa...........

fasteddy

Ready to race!
Narcissistic necrobump?

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
girlfriend doesnt mind, as long as it improves performance. Anything aesthetic and she'll grill me for wasting money.

My parents would never understand and are extremely against car mods.

bludragon6406

Actually my dad was the one that got me into the hobby. Started on a 1964 Chevrolet nova! My high school car and still have it. Gonna sell it though. Then went on to mod a '91 Pontiac grand am and then on to a '92 integra. Totalled that and got a '91 integra! Sold that and got a 2006 civic lx. Still have that. All of them were modded. The civic looks dead on like an Si without the badging, the Si motor or the moonroof! Has the interior, gauges, spoiler and all the rest to almost resemble an Si. I am married now so I needed to buy her a new car so I would have a reason to get my GTI. Don't have it yet but next year i will!:cool:

kharma

Ready to race!
Parents? My mom has a Cayman S daily and a modded 911SC. They get it.
Wifey? If I'm in the garage wrenching I'm out of the damn way.
Girlfriend? Not yet.:bellyroll:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
At least he bumped his own thread.

I'll take a gander and say he's no longer in relations with the girl who was his girlfriend at the time this thread was created.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

a year later..... they just dont understand. :cry:

hahahahaha

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Old thread but since it's bumped I'll put my two cents in...my wife is awesome about modding, she even asks questions about what the mods do and pretends to care. The moment I realized I married the perfect girl was one night when we had another couple over (her friends), the wife starts on my wife about my "childish hobby", saying it's a waste of money and doesn't it bother you he's in the garage all night blah blah blah. Now her husband has a reputation of frequenting gentleman's clubs quite often and spending big money so my wife turns to her and shoots back "well at least I know where he is at night and where the money goes" :-D awesome, end of conversation (and friendship too lol)

chamade

Passed Driver's Ed
Well it depends on the situation doesn't it?

Example 1: 30 years old living paycheck to paycheck, renting, credit card debt, little to no savings and modding their car - life fail and it's a good thing that family is giving him shit.

Example 2: 30 years with surplus income and savings - should be able to mod within reason without family freaking out.