GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible engine failure

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Time for a little update.

Car is back together and running again.

managed to score a great deal on a engine for a 3k mile 2019 GTI that had unfortunately ended up on its roof. Bad for the owner, good news for me.

While the engine was out we fitted a new turbo, Opted for the Turbo Technics V5.
We also added a Euro manifold with 980cc port injectors, APR harness and ethanol sensor.
The car also received a walbro 450 pump, AEM meth injection kit and new TT turbo intake.

swapping the engine was kinda straight forward using a lift with us dropping it out the bottom it took around 6 hours to swap.

Still deciding on spec for the build and need to find time to whip the head off and find out what actually failed

Plans are to run this engine at around 500WHP with 1.8bar of boost while the current engine is being built and after we have swapped that in, Turn the turbo up to around 2.5Bar on e85 with a target of 650WHP.

Car is currently running a base Map with 22psi and 4 degrees of timing and made a run of 7.9 seconds 100-200

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Time for a little update.

Car is back together and running again.

managed to score a great deal on a engine for a 3k mile 2019 GTI that had unfortunately ended up on its roof. Bad for the owner, good news for me.

While the engine was out we fitted a new turbo, Opted for the Turbo Technics V5.
We also added a Euro manifold with 980cc port injectors, APR harness and ethanol sensor.
The car also received a walbro 450 pump, AEM meth injection kit and new TT turbo intake.

swapping the engine was kinda straight forward using a lift with us dropping it out the bottom it took around 6 hours to swap.

Still deciding on spec for the build and need to find time to whip the head off and find out what actually failed

Plans are to run this engine at around 500WHP with 1.8bar of boost while the current engine is being built and after we have swapped that in, Turn the turbo up to around 2.5Bar on e85 with a target of 650WHP.

Car is currently running a base Map with 22psi and 4 degrees of timing and made a run of 7.9 seconds 100-200

Staying conservative I see. 😂

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
my Dad tried to make a joke that my budget is as blown as my engine.

he's right, and since we are this far into it it would be a crime not to finish it off.

Come hell or high water this car will go 10.x in the 1/4 and 5.x 100-200
I saw that you asked about LPFP failure or install error in the EQT group, was that about the Littco assembled 450 basket?

Dan is bulding one for me at the moment and he said that our style of baskets uses a heatshrunk hose fitted directly to the pump so should be better than the oringed connector the older baskets have.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
I saw that you asked about LPFP failure or install error in the EQT group, was that about the Littco assembled 450 basket?

Dan is bulding one for me at the moment and he said that our style of baskets uses a heatshrunk hose fitted directly to the pump so should be better than the oringed connector the older baskets have.

yeh someone had a issue and I was wondering if mine was similar, we have the new RS3 style that is impossible to have the issue.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
here

Attachments

• fuel pump.jpg
    fuel pump.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112