GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible Group Buy – Post-TB Spacer for Meth/Water Injection

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Here's my question that's been bugging me. Initially I'm only doing one nozzle. I'm on a stock tune right now, so if I spray post tb, is the stock ecu able to adapt to the extra octane properly? Or do I need to be tuned for that set up? eventually I will do dual though.. soon. Lol because as was mentioned earlier, Florida is freaking hot!

I'm by no means an expert, so take this with a grain of salt.

But from what I understand, our ECUs are VERY adaptable, especially to octane rating. For instance Edmunds did a little test and dynoed a GTI to test 87oct to 91oct, - http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtes...en-gti-the-effect-of-octane-on-its-power.html

As you can see there were increases, I'm sure there are a variety of factors that could also have effected this though (for arguments sake).

In short on the stock ECU you may see a possible noticeable increase in power, however I doubt it'll be instantly, you may need to drive/spray a bit for the ECU to recognize the higher octane and adjust timing appropriately, or it may pick it up quick. computer logic is pretty amazing.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I'm by no means an expert, so take this with a grain of salt.

But from what I understand, our ECUs are VERY adaptable, especially to octane rating. For instance Edmunds did a little test and dynoed a GTI to test 87oct to 91oct, - http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtes...en-gti-the-effect-of-octane-on-its-power.html

As you can see there were increases, I'm sure there are a variety of factors that could also have effected this though (for arguments sake).

In short on the stock ECU you may see a possible noticeable increase in power, however I doubt it'll be instantly, you may need to drive/spray a bit for the ECU to recognize the higher octane and adjust timing appropriately, or it may pick it up quick. computer logic is pretty amazing.

Holy crap, that is pretty cool. Thanks for that info! So then I think may just run the throttle body spacer first, and add the second nozzle somewhere after the intcooler after. :)

Turn8

Ready to race!
Holy crap, that is pretty cool. Thanks for that info! So then I think may just run the throttle body spacer first, and add the second nozzle somewhere after the intcooler after. :)

Yep, you'll be good to go!

Mike

gt_nky

Passed Driver's Ed

you can't go wrong w/ either route... in your particular case (stock intercooler + FL heat), it is hard to guess if post-TB or post-intercooler will give you a better bang for a buck...

since you already bought the spacer, i'd intall that first and see how you like it... later on, i'd add another nozzle though...

on a stock tune stage 1 meth kit will work great... once you get stage 1 or stage 2 tune - i'd also consider getting a progressive/stage 2 meth kit...

i intend to run stage 1 kit on stage 2 car, but i am not seeking a huge performance or cooling increase - just added safety on 93 map, and hopefully some carbon cleaning/preventing benefits...

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
you can't go wrong w/ either route... in your particular case (stock intercooler + FL heat), it is hard to guess if post-TB or post-intercooler will give you a better bang for a buck...

since you already bought the spacer, i'd intall that first and see how you like it... later on, i'd add another nozzle though...

on a stock tune stage 1 meth kit will work great... once you get stage 1 or stage 2 tune - i'd also consider getting a progressive/stage 2 meth kit...

i intend to run stage 1 kit on stage 2 car, but i am not seeking a huge performance or cooling increase - just added safety on 93 map, and hopefully some carbon cleaning/preventing benefits...

Exactly, since I have it, ill set that up first. Might as well. :) Even though my initial intention was to set it up for cooling. But post throttle will do a little cooling anyways. I'm still going to be very curious to know what would make more power for me in fl if I had to run only one nozzle.... Keep lost HP and use it for cooling benefits, or try and make more power than i would save running post TB. If that makes sense. I'm having trouble wording this. Lol actually... I may just try a single nozzle set up both ways to see what's better just for curiosity sake, and to get a better idea of how meth works with our engines.

I'm very excited to mess around with this. Meth is fun! :D but ill definitely be doing a dual nozzle set up.

allset

Go Kart Champion

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Any update on this? I know they need to get machined, just making sure we don't have to wait too long..

thanks for setting this up too, i'm excited.

gt_nky

Passed Driver's Ed
let me check w/ pagparts... i have been a bit busy at work lately...

the last time we spoke (Monday), he told me it will be about a week before those ship...

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
per Arnold - "it is all in (payments), and spacers should be done by the end of this week"

good stuff, thanks :w00t::w00t:

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
can't wait for these to ship!!