GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just wondering, How many of you guys plan to get Launch Control and/or No-lift-shift?

I'll probably get no lift shift but I don't see the point in launch control. Can't you just hold your foot steady on whatever RPM you want to launch at? I have a 6 speed if it makes a difference.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I may get NLS
I'll probably get no lift shift but I don't see the point in launch control. Can't you just hold your foot steady on whatever RPM you want to launch at? I have a 6 speed if it makes a difference.

That's what I recommended to my kid brother with his MK6. The Launch control is just going to be a 2-Step Rev limiter. I'm not sure if APR will make the RPM adjustable, but yeah the basic principle is when you are in first with the clutch down, just floor it and the car will hold a certain RPM. So it's not a true Anti-lag type launch control but it could help if you have slicks etc. I can't speak highly enough about NLS though. It's pretty great (Keeping in mind I only had it on a K04)

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Just going to get the update myself.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
On the fence about NLS; definite nope to launch control though.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
NLS for those highway pulls though

Jeff43

Ready to race!
Was just going to do the update; but i'm curious about the NLS. Are you looking at increased wear on clutch, trans, synchros, etc when using it? I would guess yes, but i don't fully know how it works to make that judgement...

:burnrubber:

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Was just going to do the update; but i'm curious about the NLS. Are you looking at increased wear on clutch, trans, synchros, etc when using it? I would guess yes, but i don't fully know how it works to make that judgement...

:burnrubber:

Would also like to know this since it's my daily driver.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Does it go across the bottom of your back?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Would also like to know this since it's my daily driver.

So my thoughts are if you have a clutch that can easily hold the power (Like yours Jeff), it's not going to increase wear on the clutch. The difference between this and just regular shifting is the engine is still making boost when the clutch grabs. So instead of making say 100TQ when it grabs, instead you are making 200TQ when it grabs. If you have a clutch that can hold a lot more, I highly highly doubt you will see any increased wear at all. You are going to be pushing the shitty TSI clutches anyways with the increased power from the update.

iJust got the sickest APR tattoo!!!!! So pumped for this update.

I'm 99% sure you are joking, but honestly I wouldn't put it past some people here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.