Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I have an appointment Friday as well.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Looking forward to hearing how it runs. I'm saving for a clutch first. And I want new wheels first hahaha

Sent from the future

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
[quote name="Erick666" post=2404692]There has been some mention of drivability on the stock DSG tune. Just wondering if anyone had anymore information on this? Experiences with the new tune with and without the updated DSG tune (assuming this was part of the beta)? Just curious as I am planning for my trip to get the Stage 1 update. Looking forward to the update!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Anymore information on this really tempted to call my APR dealer to get the update to the new tune, but don't want have any DSG headaches since the old apr stage1+ gave me no issues.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Our lead calibrator on this project daily drives a MK6 DSG. I haven't heard any reports of any issues.
Thanks for the reply, NGP here I come.[emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 5X

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I wanted to give some of the DSG guys some peace of mind.

Short answer the updated dsg and flash is unbelievably good. I noticed an improvement on the dsg immediately. so much more smoother and seamless.

Just the driveability improvements for light to mid throttle are HUGE dsg and engine flash.

My commute is ~100 miles/day so ill be able to report back pretty quickly if MPG improved or stayed the same vs the old files.

THANK YOU APR!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Lol how would MPG change?

They redesigned a 6-8 year old tune from the ground up - timing, fuel, everything, has been changed and reconfigured. They even mentioned in the release that they paid special attention to MPG's for highway jaunts and that you should see improved MPG's if that's what your heart desires.

:iono:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103688

^^
:readthethread:

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Sick emojis bro...

Here is what you referenced, in your comment above:

'APR’s Calibration Engineers paid close attention to several parameters directly related to fuel economy, especially while cruising at highway speeds. Depending on driving style and fuel quality, better miles per gallon may be achieved.'

That exact sentence, verbatim, has been there for as long as the tune has existed. This is an advantage of their tune vs. no tune, and vs. competitor's tunes. Not 'shit we just broke conservation of energy with this latest calibration!'

Do you think the new calibration is magic? It somehow just pulls more energy out of the gas? That for the last 6-8 years, their last tune was just wasting away gas, money, and time with every tank?

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'll tell ya my mpg changed...it freaking sucks now! :evil: :burnrubber:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Sick emojis bro...

Here is what you referenced, in your comment above:

'APR’s Calibration Engineers paid close attention to several parameters directly related to fuel economy, especially while cruising at highway speeds. Depending on driving style and fuel quality, better miles per gallon may be achieved.'

That exact sentence, verbatim, has been there for as long as the tune has existed. This is an advantage of their tune vs. no tune, and vs. competitor's tunes. Not 'shit we just broke conservation of energy'

Do you think the new calibration is magic? It somehow just pulls more energy out of the gas? That for the last 6-8 years, their last tune was just wasting away gas, money, and time every tank?

It won't change a noticeable amount. /nextquestion

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Lol how would MPG change?

You clearly have zero knowledge of low load tuning.

my car for instance.

Stock - average of 31.2 mpg over 10k miles

Apr stg 1 - average of 33.1mpg over 11k miles and longer time using winter blend fuel.

1.9mpg may not be a lot but it is noticeable.

I have also self tuned multiple cars of mine in the past. ranging from n54 to multiple subarus, sr20, turbo vr6. When fine tuning the low load maps such as leaner and timing changes it does effect mpg.

Read up on engine calibration and the effects of adjustments regarding emissions and mpg. You would be surprised what you can achieve without needing to meet EPA requirements.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
You clearly have zero knowledge of low load tuning.

my car for instance.

Stock - average of 31.2 mpg over 10k miles

Apr stg 1 - average of 33.1mpg over 11k miles and longer time using winter blend fuel.

1.9mpg may not be a lot but it is noticeable.

I have also self tuned multiple cars of mine in the past. ranging from n54 to multiple subarus, sr20, turbo vr6. When fine tuning the low load maps such as leaner and timing changes it does effect mpg.

Read up on engine calibration and the effects of adjustments regarding emissions and mpg. You would be surprised what you can achieve without needing to meet EPA requirements.

Dude, sick bro. You're a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.