GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Looks promising but less than 10 days ago you had hiccups and misfires which you chalked up to acceptable random anomalies while A2B had multiple cars in their shop swapping out pumps and modules to de-bug. Honestly you should add a disclaimer to posts like this that say something like:

* - Misfires and random fuel cuts acceptable.

Seriously, so when you gush about how something is a breeze, people are armed with all of the information.

I posted that information for the exact purpose of being a disclaimer to align with other's having issues. I did exactly that by pointing to that information.

Did you even read the thread? Those cars were tuned by the same tuner. Both of which were tuning related issues. My car is not tuned by that individual or on that platform.

I attributed my issue to a random occurrence due to not experiencing the issue again, nor having any log data showing issues. I have a ton of logs at load if you would like to see them. My issue was a cut of some sort, and not a misfire. My misfire counters are at 1, 1, 2, 1 for Cyl 1-4.

I understand you carlos is having issues, but you obviously have zero experience with any aftermarket pump other than yours.

Carlos asked for opinions, not you. Thanks for sharing your anecdotal experience. I will keep sharing my first hand experience.

Last edited:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I understand you are having issues, but you obviously have zero experience with any aftermarket pump other than yours which is not functioning.

Don't ask for input or opinions if you don't want them. Let us know when you give up and sell your car.

I think you might have me confused with the poster originally asking about the fuel cut issues he's experiencing on his PR 450. I didn't ask for your input. I'm currently experiencing zero issues with my pump but I'd go another route if I did it all over again. Straight-forward DIY fueling upgrades are far more involved & taxing from a timing standpoint on this platform when compared to any other I've worked on. I apologize if my post was ill-informed or out of context. I did read the thread and while I understand that your fuel cuts are likely not directly tied to the pump, I don't think mentioning that you're experiencing cuts now (the same exact problem) is unreasonable.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Damn! I take it you had a bad experience with them?

lol everyone I know

Better question is who has he had a good experience with. His s-list is long and distinguished.

this.

I know people that have taken Golf R's there and left with 2 wheel drive Golf Rs. He's stolen parts and money from people. He's blown brand new turbos and blown them within 10 minutes and blames the manufacturers. (even though he didn't drop the oil pan to clean it) He says EQT and Littco are garbage turbos and dick rides DBV2. Until he started blowing those up... now they are "chinese garbage also".

There are multiple cars that had to be fixed by multiple shops and when they tell you what is wrong with the work he did, it's mind blowing. Like fire hazards. Safety issues. Installing ethanol fuel system but using fuel filters that melt in the ethanol.

He's just a shit person that will blame everything and everyone else for his shit work.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I think you might have me confused with the poster originally asking about the fuel cut issues he's experiencing on his PR 450. I didn't ask for your input. I'm currently experiencing zero issues with my pump but I'd go another route if I did it all over again. Straight-forward DIY fueling upgrades are far more involved & taxing from a timing standpoint on this platform when compared to any other I've worked on. I apologize if my post was ill-informed or out of context. I did read the thread and while I understand that your fuel cuts are likely not directly tied to the pump, I don't think mentioning that you're experiencing cuts now (the same exact problem) is unreasonable.

All good. Apologies if I came across as a shill. Just have had a good experience with the product thus far. I did have an expected wait and following delay in shipping, but part of that was my own delay in contacting A2B.

I had a 525 pump that I purchased a brand new pump to hack up and didn't want to mess up the install to the point that I blew up my motor. A drop-in is definitely the best option.

Completely agree that the PAGParts kits + PM4 (or stock controller) or the Iroz kits are excellent options. We are lucky to have all the steps in price range from $700-1500.

I did edit my post as I re-read this thread. Guess I need to work on critical reading more myself.

carlos181

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I contacted A2B after finding out they are 20 minutes from me. He got me in and installed the RS3 pump at a great deal so he came in clutch for me. I guess I'll keep everyone posted with my experience while tuning with Nick @ EQT.

But get this. When he removed the seal to get to the pump, the pump completely came apart. Upon further inspection, the three screws were completely missing. I called the shop who did the original install and emailed them the photos. They reached out apologizing for their fuckup as they had the 3 screws on the mechanic's bench. I guess while on the phone with Precision trying to go over the pump and trying to get me out of there, he completely forgot to reassemble it ?

At that point I asked if it would be worth fixing it but I would still run the risk of it not working properly. Since luck has not been on my side, I pulled the trigger on just getting the RS3 pump with the controller. I'll see if I can sell the pump with the basket for a reasonable price to get some of my money back.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
lol everyone I know

this.

I know people that have taken Golf R's there and left with 2 wheel drive Golf Rs. He's stolen parts and money from people. He's blown brand new turbos and blown them within 10 minutes and blames the manufacturers. (even though he didn't drop the oil pan to clean it) He says EQT and Littco are garbage turbos and dick rides DBV2. Until he started blowing those up... now they are "chinese garbage also".

There are multiple cars that had to be fixed by multiple shops and when they tell you what is wrong with the work he did, it's mind blowing. Like fire hazards. Safety issues. Installing ethanol fuel system but using fuel filters that melt in the ethanol.

He's just a shit person that will blame everything and everyone else for his shit work.

Damn. Well for one, my "Chinese garbage" turbo has been doing great and produces great numbers with an awesome power-band (knock on wood). Two, if everything he touches blows up and/or falls apart but doesn't happen with other mechanics, well then, the issue is pretty clear.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Well I contacted A2B after finding out they are 20 minutes from me. He got me in and installed the RS3 pump at a great deal so he came in clutch for me. I guess I'll keep everyone posted with my experience while tuning with Nick @ EQT.

But get this. When he removed the seal to get to the pump, the pump completely came apart. Upon further inspection, the three screws were completely missing. I called the shop who did the original install and emailed them the photos. They reached out apologizing for their fuckup as they had the 3 screws on the mechanic's bench. I guess while on the phone with Precision trying to go over the pump and trying to get me out of there, he completely forgot to reassemble it ?

At that point I asked if it would be worth fixing it but I would still run the risk of it not working properly. Since luck has not been on my side, I pulled the trigger on just getting the RS3 pump with the controller. I'll see if I can sell the pump with the basket for a reasonable price to get some of my money back.
Good god people. This is why I wrench on my own cars.

carlos181

Passed Driver's Ed
What's funny is when the pump was initially installed, I was getting horrible fuel cuts and very low pressure. I get it looked at by the shop yesterday but they couldn't resolve it so they put it back in and send me on my way. But for some reason the car ran better without the 3 screws? Is there an explanation for that?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya i like doing my own work so i can do it right, or at least if i messed it up at least i didnt pay someone else to screw it up for me.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Ya i like doing my own work so i can do it right, or at least if i messed it up at least i didnt pay someone else to screw it up for me.

Ditto. Learned my lesson after having the dealership install my mud flaps and euro mirror glass during the first oil change. They charged me a ridiculous amount of money and was during a routine maintenance when the wheels were off/being rotated.

I am having a shop install my turbo currently. But did all the other fueling mods myself. Maintenance is super easy and straight forward as well.