Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I will not vote because nobody deserves my vote

Votes: 22 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Yeah and in the last video he talks about the correct appropriation of funds in business; this is what makes it successful. We have a severe misappropriation of funds throughout the federal government right now, mainly in the government aide sectors.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah and in the last video he talks about the correct appropriation of funds in business; this is what makes it successful. We have a severe misappropriation of funds throughout the federal government right now, mainly in the government aide sectors.

I agree with most of that. But a lot of the gov't money issue are the wars, and the Pentagon cannot be audited. We have lost billions of dollars in Iraq - with no trace.

Remember, the deficit has nothing to do with medicare and SS.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Hey now... :D

One of my friends is a low level employee at a government contractor accounting firm. His Christmas bonus is never lower than 12k. Imagine what the higher ups are getting. But I ain't mad, I am a government employee. I know better than to bite the hand that feeds

Lou Maiuri

Banned
One of my friends is a low level employee at a government contractor accounting firm. His Christmas bonus is never lower than 12k. Imagine what the higher ups are getting. But I ain't mad, I am a government employee. I know better than to bite the hand that feeds

Can't be too lower level if he receives a 5 figure bonus every Christmas

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Investments aren't being made because people are scared unsure of what is going to happen in the coming months. You need to be reassured that your parachute is going to work before you jump out of a plane.

Like I said, its about expectations. They can be fear based expectations as you suggest, but there are other expectations that aren't related to fear. Investors don't invest based solely on being scared, in fact many make tons of money betting on a downturn or a negative forecast. Its a good conversation to have and more important to the world economy than a conversation about politics. Fiscal and monetary policy can only do so much.

...Sent from my phone with typos...

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Hiring internally is a way to save money, plain and simple.

Business changes defined as what?

You can be shoe-in, but if a company can save $20k+ by hiring within, they will do it.

#maximizingshareholdervalue - it never ends.

QUOTE]

My point was that suddenly after the goddam election this company decided that one internal hire was enough rather than the 4 people that they intended to hire... They wasted hours of my time in interviews, essentially told me that I was a shoe-in, and then fucked me after the election. So yes I'm pissed at both the company and the fact that a govt mandated healthcare plan cost me a huge raise. I think you missed my whole point that their "business changes" occurred only after the election... They did everything but come out and say it was due to the election, they cannot say that directly...it wouldn't be politically correct you know.

Are you kidding me? I've interviewed with tons of companies for all sorts of positions, some thinking I'm a shoe in. Grow up, it's a matter of promoting a previous employee at a $10k raise vs a new hire at $60k vs that and Plus maybe a new hire at 30k (no clue what you do, just saying). Blaming it on obamacare is plain silly. That is a business reality. You sound hardcore butthurt. Do you have any actual insight as to what these "business realities" were?

EDIT: GunKata is not the original quoted. Something got messed up here.

Last edited:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Remember, the deficit has nothing to do with medicare and SS.
Um....

Merkle

Banned
People have gone ape shit since the election. Petitions to secede, constant remarks about how they're going to be taxed into oblivion, messages of guns being taken away. I know some people are unhappy with the results of the election, but for fucks-sake, you'd swear Stalin was elected. It's fine to have an opinion, and voice that opinion, it's what makes this country great. It's how divided we are right now, to the point where people are willing to let things get worse just to make our current president look bad. No one wants to seem to work together, I've lost all hope I suppose.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
People have gone ape shit since the election. Petitions to secede, constant remarks about how they're going to be taxed into oblivion, messages of guns being taken away. I know some people are unhappy with the results of the election, but for fucks-sake, you'd swear Stalin was elected. It's fine to have an opinion, and voice that opinion, it's what makes this country great. It's how divided we are right now, to the point where people are willing to let things get worse just to make our current president look bad. No one wants to seem to work together, I've lost all hope I suppose.

People did the same stuff when Bush was elected (both of them) it just didn't get the hype.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
by that, I meant that it is currently funded / not at a deficit for those programs in of themselves.

Social Security was a Ponzi scheme started with deficit spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.