GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem Dealer Can't Diagnose

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Updated file? Specific to your car? Or was shop flashing you to an old version?

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Technically the new APR Stage 1 Beta File. Hopefully I am allowed to talk about it lol.

Jaber

Modero
Technically the new APR Stage 1 Beta File. Hopefully I am allowed to talk about it lol.

:lol: well then. Cats outa the bag now [emoji6]. How's power feel? :lol:

Thought they didn't mess with that part doe. Per old thread linked.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
:lol: well then. Cats outa the bag now [emoji6]. How's power feel? :lol:

Thought they didn't mess with that part doe. Per old thread linked.

It is definitely faster. What I noticed was how fast it shifts and climb through the gears. I need to drive it more and a little more aggressively to give a thorough review since I drove it in mostly rush hour traffic.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
In4betaupdates :D

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 using Tapatalk.

Alright! Latest update: Car has been starting like a champ! So before my MK6, I had an MK5 that was APR Stage 1 93 Octane. I loved it. The torque on it was intoxicating through every gear. Fast forward a couple of years to present day. I knew I was going to tune my car with APRs software. So I got the car tuned not even a month into my ownership of it. When I went to the dealer. The gentleman who tuned my car said that because this car is a TSI the tune is a little faster. Getting in the car when it was first tuned, I expected a lot based on that preface alone. However, driving it, I did not feel that it was faster than my MK5. Granted I am tuned on 91 Octane here in Arizona. Don't get me wrong tho, the car is amazing. With the tune it really opens it up. I just felt it was missing something. I felt that near the top end/higher RPMs the car would die out. This led me to have two choices, go stage 2 or wait for the beta. Now this leads me to having the starting issues with my car. The starting issues were caused by the tune. During this ordeal I decided to pull the trigger on NGK sparks and an APR carbonio intake. Now if you have read through this thread, obviously I received the new beta stage 1 from APR, which fixed my starting issue. On other threads, the new update supposedly comes with more power and more torque. I am happy to say that the file is amazing. Its really everything I wanted the car to be after being a little underwhelmed by Stage 1. The car just pulls and pulls and pulls. I agree with Jon at Goodspeed (Who tuned the car), it's the fastest stage 1 he has ever driven. The shifts are so fast and smooth its ridiculous. The car no longer dies out in the top end (Intake probably helps a bit with that too). My next upgrade needs to be a set of sticky summer tires so I can put the power down even more. Coming out of a movie the other night, there were two lanes that merged onto the highway. Coming up behind me was a Ford Flex, no idea if it was the twin turbo. Nothing fancy, but I thought let me jump on it and make sure this guy doesn't pass me. Man was I surprised how fast this car is now. It took off and destroyed the Ford Flex. Getting onto On-Ramps on the highway is blast, (pun intended) I barely push down on the accelerator and it wants to rip onto the highway. So I am happy to say this car makes up for all of the things that stage 1 lacks. It makes the car perfect, especially for someone who doesn't want to go crazy with mods. The only thing I would maybe look into getting down the road is a DSG tune so the transmission can handle the power even better. Sorry for this post being long, but please feel free to ask me any questions about the tune. Thanks for reading guys!

Jigetz

Hey man, you have saved me a huge headache. I, like many others, have been having this issue as well. Thank you for documenting this and also being so through in what you did to prove it was the tune. For this much money we shouldn't be having this type of issue. I need this new file!

Spooled24

Ready to race!
Hey man, you have saved me a huge headache. I, like many others, have been having this issue as well. Thank you for documenting this and also being so through in what you did to prove it was the tune. For this much money we shouldn't be having this type of issue. I need this new file!

Yeah dude just trying to help others in the same situation. The new file is great. There is another thread about the release of it that is fun to read lol. Hopefully we will have some news by the holidays.