GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem with front wiper motor

kybzk

Hello, allmighty community of VW enthusiasts!

The car is a 2011 VW Golf 6 R 4motion; 199kw

First off, apparently the BCM(Body Control Module) was faulty; okay, changed that for a new one. After he swapped for a new one and programmed it. Now it sent good LIN signals to the motor, but the motor itself did not respond. He did all sorts of testing; suggesting that the motor is dead.

Okay. New motor, surely that's the problem and the car gets finally fixed, right? So I ordered a brand new motor from a local aftermarket. I delivered the motor to them. A few days pass and I receive a massive text, explaining everything I am writing here, on this post. The motor did not work. The hood lock is working fine, locks perfectly, no troubles there. The signal from the BCM to the new motor is clean and no short circuits. They changed the plug that connects the car and the motor, just in case, did not work.

The car has original xenons so no troubles there.

According to their live data of the steering module, the cabin lever to activate the wiper motor works fine. They could not activate the motor from the diagnostic tool.

ANYTHING IS WELCOME; the diagnost/electrician has no other ideas what could be wrong.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone checked the wiper transmission? I know my wiper motor stopped working and i ordered motor + transmission

At the end of the day when I took it all out, the transmission was somehow totally locked up and the motor was fine.

Idk if water got into the wiper transmission and rusted it in place or what, I never did get it to judge at all

kybzk

Has anyone checked the wiper transmission? I know my wiper motor stopped working and i ordered motor + transmission

At the end of the day when I took it all out, the transmission was somehow totally locked up and the motor was fine.

Idk if water got into the wiper transmission and rusted it in place or what, I never did get it to judge at all
The wiper transmission moves freely. It's not stuck.