GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ptasti Dip whole car....thoughts?

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I've done a few sets of winter wheels and a friends truck wheels but never a whole car. Keep us updated if you decide to give it a go.

krokmitten

Ready to race!
Don't do it.. looks cheap.

skillz1318

Passed Driver's Ed
Please don't...certain parts like mirrors look ok, but doing the whole car will not look good.

My12GTI

Ready to race!
Saw a car last week at a shop that the front end was plasti dipped....looked and felt just terrible. I would not like to run my hand across a rough finish on a car...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just damn... maybe get some neon also.

Uberryan

Banned
stupid. The owner of the GTI saw issues shortly after that video was made if it's the same guys from GolfMKV.com. Bird shit and staining from tree sap. Chunks started to come off because they stacked the coats instead of removing the older one.

lon888

Ready to race!
The whole car? That's waaaay too much. Two big problems doing this. 1. how many rattle cans would you need to cover the car completely AND evenly. 2. you would be definitely be shooting yourself in the foot once you want to move onto another car. You'll have to find that right person who thinks along your same lines.

Don't do it - I bet you would regret it later.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
just dont follow the half ass spray jobs you see on youtube. take your time and do a more in depth spray job as if you were using paint.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
2. you would be definitely be shooting yourself in the foot once you want to move onto another car. You'll have to find that right person who thinks along your same lines.

Could always peel it off. :lol:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
If you're not gonna do it the right way don't do it. Is there a reason you want to plasti-dip your car other than for the hell of it? Are you trying to protect your paint from salt on the road? From afar it will probably look ok but, up close it will look kinda crappy. Plasti-dip is never gonna be as smooth as BMW's Arctic paint.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Why don't you just get a can of Rustoleum and spray paint the damned thing? :smoking: