GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QATAR GTI/Rocco/R owners..APR tuning day

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

I Know there aren't many locals here, but for those who live in Qatar..

I am arranging an APR tuning day in Qatar.

Khalid from APR Kuwait will be visiting us here in Qatar and tune your cars, the process takes about 20mins and doesn't require opening up the ECU, all done via the OBD-II port under the dash.

APR is a huge tuning company with a long history in racing and tuning, your warranty won't be effected.

I had to remove my ECU and send out to the US and stayed without a car for a month, cut the trouble and do it in your own garage, if you have a GTI, you NEED to have a tune, else, you will regret it big time (i promise, you will).

Let's also make use of the current APR discounts, you will get fully loaded tune for a price of the basic tune.

I make 'zero' profit out of these, i am simply arranging the event being local and having good experience with APR.

To add yourself to the list, kindly message member "Khalid APR-Q8" or me for more details and pricing.

o5man

Hi, i missed out on the tuning day. Is there anywhere else I can get stage 1 tuning for my R here in Doha?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Hi there,

You haven't missed out, we couldn't do the tuning day, simply because of not enough interest.

We need 4...pm me your details and if you have questions and i should add you to the list.

munkey

Ready to race!
So can any of you guys help me find a job in Qatar? :) I'm a relatively newly qualified lawyer. pm if you know of anything please!

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Lou Maiuri

Banned
2011-12 GTI's require the ECU to be removed**. The new models have 256-bit encryption which must be bypassed in order to initiate communication between the ECU and APR's software. Just a heads up because this installer might not be familiar with replacing breakaway bolts or pinning the ECU to the software.

Pls stay safe bros

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Donno. we tuned 4 mk6s by the obd2 port. i removed my ecu and sent it out before, no safety screws.

We have 100% euro spec german cars.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Donno. we tuned 4 mk6s by the obd2 port. i removed my ecu and sent it out before, no safety screws.

We have 100% euro spec german cars.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

Wow that makes me jealous that I couldn't plug and play my APR stage I. Maybe if Arin gets on today he can chime in as to why you can plug and play MK6's in Qatar but not in the U.S.

Valli666

Ready to race!
I'm interested, too.

It would be a long drive from Riyadh, but at the same time I would be able to tell the difference of the tune.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I'm interested, too.

It would be a long drive from Riyadh, but at the same time I would be able to tell the difference of the tune.

Make sure you run an upgraded intercooler/intake combo. I live in Virginia where temps are in the mid 90's and the tune kind of runs like a dog with a stock air filer/intercooler. It's a beast in cool temps 70~ but it needs to breathe more in high temp conditions.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Wow that makes me jealous that I couldn't plug and play my APR stage I. Maybe if Arin gets on today he can chime in as to why you can plug and play MK6's in Qatar but not in the U.S.
Because of the encryption present on US Spec GTIs