GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions

Treeinacan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey im new to gti and most of my friends have hondas, so honestly should i tint my fog lights yellow or what should i do with them? I have a 2013 dark grey GTI all stock. Also what engine do i have, i keep hearing about a k04 engine? and any ideas for my car or can you tell me stuff about it to make it better or faster?

99bajakid

Ready to race!
tint them if you want. i'd just get some piaa yellow bulbs (pricey, but worth it)

you have a 2.0 turbo engine, K04 is a popular turbo upgrade.

First thing i would do is just enjoy what you have for awhile, when you're bored of the power, get a stage 1 tune from APR, they're the most reliable tunes out there for our cars.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
tint them if you want. i'd just get some piaa yellow bulbs (pricey, but worth it)

you have a 2.0 turbo engine, K04 is a popular turbo upgrade.

First thing i would do is just enjoy what you have for awhile, when you're bored of the power, get a stage 1 tune from APR, they're the most reliable tunes out there for our cars.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

^^^ this. also for a little more performance get some better tires and possibly springs if that is your cup of tea.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Welcome
I personally came from a Honda accord V6 (Stock)
You will found yourself liking the speed of the GTI.

I have tinted fog light, what i did was just put 3m yellow plastic over it. works well and only cost $10 and its a 5 mins job

lol K04 is not something you want to do right away... I mean if you have the money why not... but you also have to do intake, down pipe, cat-back, tune and might be even intercooler.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
since your new to gti's then 1 thing is that the car engine has a break in period which is don't let it to rev any higher to 4k rpm just until 2k miles, the performance is much better than the current gen civic si better torque and at lower rpm bc of the turbo...enjoy the stock performance for quite a while, i been planning on going stage 1 but not considering it now bc I'm still having fun already after owning it for six months...have fun!

Lodi

Go Kart Champion

Treeinacan

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks guys and thanks for explaining about k04, i thought it was an engine lol. Also about the break in period. ive gone pretty hard on the rpm and i only have about 300 miles. so should i just keep it slow from now on? And will it hurt it if i do end up going a little fast if needed?