GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R front bumper swap. How to fix fog light bulb out errors?

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
I switched to a Golf R front bumper and have what would be the R’s DRLs hooked up to my fog light switch. However, they are LED lights instead of the traditional halogen fog bulbs so they throw a bulb out code. Is there something I can do in VAG COM to code out the error?

ruervyn

Passed Driver's Ed
Following.... I'm in the same situation. Actually I'm looking for those Leds to buy that connects straight to the gti fog light harness

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Not sure about VagCom fix but you should be able to use resistors to get rid of the bulb out.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Vagcom won't fix this issue you need a wiring harness adapter that has a resistor on it. Converts the 9006 led drl plug to a h8 connector to plug into the factory harness. Thats what I use to get rid of the code. If you want I have 2 extra adapter harnesses with the resistor I can sell you. I know they work for a fact because I use them. The extra 2 I have are just my back ups.

ruervyn

Passed Driver's Ed
Vagcom won't fix this issue you need a wiring harness adapter that has a resistor on it. Converts the 9006 led drl plug to a h8 connector to plug into the factory harness. Thats what I use to get rid of the code. If you want I have 2 extra adapter harnesses with the resistor I can sell you. I know they work for a fact because I use them. The extra 2 I have are just my back ups.

May I know where you got them?

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes, I would love them if you are willing to separate with them! I’ve had this light on for years now and it’s just annoying.

Or if you could share where you got them that would be great too.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
deAutoLED can probably assist you with the resistors.

http://deautokey.com/contact

I’ve asked and unfortunately they aren’t willing to sell just the resistors/harness. They say you must buy the entire GTI fog light kit, even though they’re not even the correct fogs for the R bumper.

Shame, because they could make easy money considering they already have the harnesses and a lot of people swap to an R front bumper and have this issue. Maybe someday they’ll offer it.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I’ve asked and unfortunately they aren’t willing to sell just the resistors/harness. They say you must buy the entire GTI fog light kit, even though they’re not even the correct fogs for the R bumper.

Shame, because they could make easy money considering they already have the harnesses and a lot of people swap to an R front bumper and have this issue. Maybe someday they’ll offer it.

That's a bummer. Yes, there is certainly a market for them.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, I would love them if you are willing to separate with them! I’ve had this light on for years now and it’s just annoying.

Or if you could share where you got them that would be great too.

I just bought them off ebay... just make sure when you install them to mount the resistors to something metal since they get really hot.

GolfRfrontend

Go Kart Newbie
I’m actually doing the golf r bumper swap too…but with the Vw Genuine European bumper (no side markers )and Vw European Genuine blackout headlights.. just got the headlights last week but waiting on the front bumper. Ecs Tuning is only place I’ve seen who sells the headlights and bumper. Note: very expensive swap.