GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD510 subwoofer!

TedLindsay

Hello, so this is my first post, and I bought a new 2011 golf mk6 with a stock RCD510 stereo. I was wondering I have laid all of the wires, the power; remote; and RCA are all done.

The problem I’m having is how does the remote and RCA connect to the stereo unit ?

I’ve looked around but not many people have had the same issue.

I’m also unsure whether I have DYNAUDIO, because my sticker looks like it doesn’t. But I do have a big black box under my seat, is there anyway I can check?

Thanks;

Ted!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
if it doesn't say Dynaudio on the tweeter by the side view mirror i doubt it. I think the amp for the Dynaudio is located under the drivers seat.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Hello, so this is my first post, and I bought a new 2011 golf mk6 with a stock RCD510 stereo. I was wondering I have laid all of the wires, the power; remote; and RCA are all done.

The problem I’m having is how does the remote and RCA connect to the stereo unit ?

I’ve looked around but not many people have had the same issue.

I’m also unsure whether I have DYNAUDIO, because my sticker looks like it doesn’t. But I do have a big black box under my seat, is there anyway I can check?

Thanks;

Ted!

There are no RCA outputs on that stereo, you need to tap into the speaker wires for signal and run them either to a line out converter, or to an amp that accepts speaker level inputs. I believe you need to use the rear speakers, since the fronts filter out the low frequencies, but you'll need to verify that with someone more familiar with the RCD510.

The remote can usually be pulled off of the antenna power wire, this wire is only on when the stereo is on, which is how you want the amp to operate. Typically, the remote is a blue wire. I'll check to see if I have any more info on that, I always use aftermarket harnesses, so I'm not 100% certain which wire it is on the OEM harness.

Is that black box an amp? Is it under the driver, or passenger seat?

TedLindsay

if it doesn't say Dynaudio on the tweeter by the side view mirror i doubt it. I think the amp for the Dynaudio is located under the drivers seat.

Hi I do have a box under my seat so I’m still unsure. If I called VW, with the Vin would that help?

TedLindsay

There are no RCA outputs on that stereo, you need to tap into the speaker wires for signal and run them either to a line out converter, or to an amp that accepts speaker level inputs. I believe you need to use the rear speakers, since the fronts filter out the low frequencies, but you'll need to verify that with someone more familiar with the RCD510.

The remote can usually be pulled off of the antenna power wire, this wire is only on when the stereo is on, which is how you want the amp to operate. Typically, the remote is a blue wire. I'll check to see if I have any more info on that, I always use aftermarket harnesses, so I'm not 100% certain which wire it is on the OEM harness.

Is that black box an amp? Is it under the driver, or passenger seat?

Hello thanks for that. I have a line out converter but I’m going to look into someone else doing it for me...
I’ve been reading that the rear speakers are better, but that leads to the question of if I turned the bass up in my settings (RCD510) would it just do the subwoofer, or all of them?

This black foam box is under my drivers seat, I can take some pics of it when I get to my car. I’ve been nervous about trying “remove it”

Does (if) DynAudio make a subwoofer installation more complicated because of the amplifier ?

Thanks,

T

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
The black foam box is likely the Bluetooth unit. Mine is under the passenger seat but I think there are cutouts in the carpet on either side for the wiring and the dealer installs the unit if I recall correctly so I guess it could be on either side.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
The black foam box is likely the Bluetooth unit. Mine is under the passenger seat but I think there are cutouts in the carpet on either side for the wiring and the dealer installs the unit if I recall correctly so I guess it could be on either side.

That's my thought too. I don't have a factory amp, but I don' think they are black, and I wouldn't think they'd have any foam on them. It's most likely just the bluetooth module.

TedLindsay

Oh perfect; that clears it up for me. Also whilst we are on the subject of Bluetooth, I can’t seem to find a reason as to why the steering wheel skip song doesn’t work through Spotify Bluetooth.. do I need a firmware update or something ?

Or is it a new part ? And if so do you know the part number ?

TedLindsay

That's my thought too. I don't have a factory amp, but I don' think they are black, and I wouldn't think they'd have any foam on them. It's most likely just the bluetooth module.

I see I’m going to assume I don’t have DynAudio. I asked about the Bluetooth new part number for steering wheel. Thanks for your help!

Ted

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Blakcard already pointed out that the Dynaudio setup has labels on the tweeters in the sail panels on the interior of the car, by the door mirrors. If you had the Dynaudio setup, you'd know because you'd see the label every time you used your side mirros.

TedLindsay

Blakcard already pointed out that the Dynaudio setup has labels on the tweeters in the sail panels on the interior of the car, by the door mirrors. If you had the Dynaudio setup, you'd know because you'd see the label every time you used your side mirros.

Yes thank you that makes sense, with this all sorted do you know anything about how I enable steering wheel for Spotify Bluetooth ? Thanks!

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Oh perfect; that clears it up for me. Also whilst we are on the subject of Bluetooth, I can’t seem to find a reason as to why the steering wheel skip song doesn’t work through Spotify Bluetooth.. do I need a firmware update or something ?

Or is it a new part ? And if so do you know the part number ?

I can't remember on that one. I went to the RCD330 plus a while ago and that is a totally different animal.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Yes thank you that makes sense, with this all sorted do you know anything about how I enable steering wheel for Spotify Bluetooth ? Thanks!

I don't think you have that option, but I've never used the 510. It may be possible, but most likely if you want the steering wheel to control bluetooth streaming apps you'll need an aftermarket stereo (which will be better in every way, except arguably aesthetics). Bluetooth was much further behind in 2011 than it is today, so were streaming apps. Our cars were built with stereos that were already obsolete when they came out, and nearly a decade later their limitations have become very obvious.

20GTI12

Line out converter on my mk6 is behind the radio itself. Tapped into left rear and right rear speaker wire from the back of the radio. Tested several fuses and found one that shuts off when car is off and turns on when car is on. Very simple, keeping factory look and bluetooth. Also the converter I bought came with a remote bass knob so you can adjust just the bass of the sub(s) by itself.

Any other questions ask. I can take photos if needed!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk