GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Brakes Sticking Constantly | MKVI Golf 2012 1.6TDI | URGENT HELP NEEDED

Redtop

So,

Been driving with computer plugged in however no fault codes and no sudden brake pressure increases whilst driving, except when i brake obviously.

However,
The rear wheels are still a lot hotter than the front, meaning she is still slowly heating up over time from the pads.

Could it be the carier housing causing this?

Im doing a list now of everything checked. Please fire in suggestions EVEN IF THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED ABOVE

Phur

Autocross Champion
What is XDS?

XDS applies brake pressure to the inside wheels when you go through a turn to help with cornering. It is adjustable through Vagcom.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
hmmm... I would start by inspecting the caliper and carriers and first check to ensure everything is installed properly. Next, check to be sure you have the correct calipers. I don’t know what different options came with Euro spec Golfs, but I know that the hardware on the North American cars changed at least once during the mk6 run.

When you have the rotor off take care to clean the hub surfaceS as well as the back side of the rotors to ensure it’s sitting properly.

Redtop

So, little update. Rebuilt everything at the rear, by rebuilt i mean checking everything at the rear,putting good grease on so prevent sticking/squeeling and same result. After a long drive the rears radiate.

Im going to put on some Brembo rear pads tomorrow, dont know if that'll change anything but im hoping its not because of the cheap pads.

Redtop

After Swapping out two different ABS pumps and coding them, no difference.
The first ABS pump coded was fine, however, it took roughly 16miles for the radiating to happen. (double of what it took on my original pump) The second ABS refused to code, which seems normal cause ABS modules dont usually like being taken out and swapped. Anyway, the second one was no different to my original and happened after 8 miles.

Anyone wanna buy a mk6 golf cheap? lol

Going to check the bearings on the wheels. Even though theres a burning smell from the rears heating i got to check everything at this point.