GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Fog Light Bulb

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have a set of Ed's Cherry Reps with rear fog and I've been looking into replacing the rear fog bulb with something brighter. Is anyone running a brighter rear fog light? I know the OEM LED tails have a really bright LED. Also can someone with OEM LED tails take a picture of their rear fog light bulb, just for comparison? Here is what my rear fog looks like. It's barely brighter than the tail lights. Compared to my deAutoKey LED reverse light it's really dim.

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry ti bring up an old post.
I didn't want to start a new thread on this.

I want to change the fog light on my LEDS any idea where I can get a good one?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
ThatGTI - we did not know you could access your fog bulb, we might have a very bright red LED, however, the one you posted (being longer) has the resistor to make it error free, I am surprised that fit into the housing though, the smaller one which uses CREE / OSRAM is a lot brighter than the one you posted, they never tested it though so they do not know if it is error free.

spiker369

on air, don't care
ThatGTI - we did not know you could access your fog bulb, we might have a very bright red LED, however, the one you posted (being longer) has the resistor to make it error free, I am surprised that fit into the housing though, the smaller one which uses CREE / OSRAM is a lot brighter than the one you posted, they never tested it though so they do not know if it is error free.

You can access the rear fog light in the replica lights, not OEM. (I think)

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion

If you have a bulb that's brighter than that one I bought I'd would love to get it and try it out. If it through an error code could you clear it with VAG-COM? I see pictures of the rear fog on OEM LED tail lights and they seem to be extremely bright compared to both of these bulbs.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
If you have a bulb that's brighter than that one I bought I'd would love to get it and try it out. If it through an error code could you clear it with VAG-COM? I see pictures of the rear fog on OEM LED tail lights and they seem to be extremely bright compared to both of these bulbs.

Ok, sent a PM.

Thank you

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed

I had to code my lights to 15 to turn off the Bulb error.
But my fog light is exactly like the on on the picture above.
Could you send me a PM of what you have?
I am interested in changing it since i live in a place where there is a lot of foggy weather.
Having my lights coded to 15 and having no errors, do i need a resistor for the fog light? Or can i just plug them freely because of coded tail lights?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
Turns out my rear fog is a normal bulb and not LED. Im going to go to my local electronics guy to get a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
Turns out I can't find a 194 RED bulb anywhere in my city.
Because other cars have red housing for the fog light they appear white on mine. Obviously the fog light should be red.
The size of the original bulb is 20mm but it looks like i can fit a 30mm bulb in there.

I ordered some on aliexpress and I will be sure to update how it all turned out.
My orders:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6455103210.html?orderId=65493772273486
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6459214490.html?orderId=65508239523486
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6455263409.html?orderId=65482826333486

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so I order a lot of different lights until one of them worked.
I found that the brightest option was: THIS

Since it is more of a pointed light (just like my Passat B7 original fog light) it does not fill the entire housing but it is very bright and there is no way it can be missed in foggy weather.

Highly recommended.

I did order a couple of others but they looked like turn signals etc. nothing came close.