GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Light ticket

josuar88

Ready to race!
So I got one of these in the mail now I'm not one of those guys who speeds up when they see a redlight. So by watching this video I am surprised on how this happened. I can only think that the road conditions prevented me from stopping so I instead sped up to try and beat the light but I don't run red lights for this reason so maybe i did it on accident and didn't realize it. So how can I defend my self in court or should I just as for reduction of fine which $100 and pay it? Also not sure on WA state law but this had no signage saying that there was a camera present is that illegal here? Judge for your self
https://www.photonotice.com/challenge.asp?citycode=tacoma

Last edited:

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Your link just asks for a login.

imo: you said it yourself - you either didn't notice or did it "by accident" (these things don't happen by accident, btw). Nothing to defend really. Try to get the fine reduced, pay, and take it as a lesson. Pay more attention next time.

FNR32

Ready to race!
The fact is that you did it. Don't go to court and try to fight something you're guilty for. Just man up and pay it and don't break the law again.

josuar88

Ready to race!
Not saying I did no wrong but I believe if anything it was an honest mistake because if you look at the picture you can clearly see I was doing 2mph under the speed limit so if I had done this intentionally I would have sped up right?

dennybak

Ready to race!
Doesnt matter if you did it intentionally or not, you still committed the violation. Man up and take the consequences.

Sent from my iphone

josuar88

Ready to race!
Well I guess the only way that would in fact work was the condition of the weather since there is a good length of time of when the light was yellow before my car entered the frame giving me ample time to slow to a stop and such.

zeonic

mmm.... beer
paying it and forgetting about it is the best way to handle this. it wont go on record of any sort against you.