GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Redline Speed Worx Presents: Borgwarner EFR Turbochargers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
Guys, these extensive turbocharger "kits" you are speaking of are missing VERY crucial pieces, they have made no mention of the upgraded fueling ( you must upgrade both the injectors & fuel pump ) with said fueling upgrade the engine must get a stronger set of connecting rods, and finally all this is worthless without the proper tuning. Development of a larger system is continuing just without the use of an EFR turbocharger.

... APR is working on both TSI Stage 3+ and Stage 4. It will make all the power your hearts desire.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Guys, these extensive turbocharger "kits" you are speaking of are missing VERY crucial pieces, they have made no mention of the upgraded fueling ( you must upgrade both the injectors & fuel pump ) with said fueling upgrade the engine must get a stronger set of connecting rods, and finally all this is worthless without the proper tuning. Development of a larger system is continuing just without the use of an EFR turbocharger.

... APR is working on both TSI Stage 3+ and Stage 4. It will make all the power your hearts desire.

These "kits" are complete, as far as tuning, RAI works hand in hand with Unitronic. The Mk6 is still somewhat secretive, people know the kit is in the works, but not many people know the details..

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
These "kits" are complete, as far as tuning, RAI works hand in hand with Unitronic. The Mk6 is still somewhat secretive, people know the kit is in the works, but not many people know the details..

Yes I'm aware of RAI / Unitronic, but larger turbocharger systems that are built to make real power are useless without upgraded injectors and fuel pumps. Which I do not believe RAI or Unitronic have access to.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Yes I'm aware of RAI / Unitronic, but larger turbocharger systems that are built to make real power are useless without upgraded injectors and fuel pumps. Which I do not believe RAI or Unitronic have access to.

Like i said before, details on their kits for the Mk6 are being kept very tight lipped right now. They may have access, they may not, only time will tell :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.